Chapter 8:: Adamant

Author's POV:

"You're the most disgusting and biggest pervert I've ever seen!" You said, glaring at the raven-haired who sat in front of you, sighing. He had been hearing you cursing him for almost 20 minutes now. But did you shut up?— no. 

Acknowledging the fact that you slept on his shoulder wasn't just surreal but also utterly disgusting. Purely defaming and embarrassing! It was a straight-up disgrace to the entire Choi clan. You were so disappointed at yourself for dozing off, lying on his shoulder, and not even waking up. Like— how comfy was that dirty shoulder, actually? 

You took a sharp breath and said, "I won't repeat myself. You've already forced me in here, kidnapped me and what not? If you... take advantage of any situations, I won't sit back." 
He couldn't help but nod, a corner of his lip lifting into a slight smirk. You hated it, you hated him. You hated everything at this moment.
You opened your mouth to say something but didn't. You pressed your lips back and looked away, glaring at a random object behind him. 

Currently, you both were in the airport, waiting for Jo and Azure to come. Probably an hour left. Though you both should've gone to the Hotel already, you were in no mood to ride a car with him so you, of course, acted stubbornly. 
Despite being a mafia, he didn't force you or torture you like in those movies. But you weren't trusting him. Who knew when his inhumane instincts would come alive?

A moment passed by in silence— and another moment when suddenly Taehyung's phone rang. 

He picked up and spoke, "Yea?" His voice sounded intimidating, cold and deep. It made you confused. Like his voice, his actions weren't that scary— excluding all those times he made you eat grass and sleep on the cold floor and said that one hurtful line to you. Your heart still ached because of that line. Whatever, he was still— a b*stard and inhumane motherf*ker—end of discussion.

"Okay.." He hung up and looked at you. You pretended not to notice his gaze and looked at something beside and behind him while sipping your drink. 
"We have to go to the hotel now. Jo and Azure are coming 2 days later." Taehyung's remark made you choke on your drink.
"What?!" You asked, your face scrunched up in a sour way due to the drink getting stuck on your throat. You coughed for a while, looking at him in disbelief. 

"Something happened. Jo has to stay back in Korea for 2 days."
"We could've brought Azure with us! You-" You were almost yelling but Taehyung's stare stopped you. You realised— you both were in the middle of a busy airport with people staring weirdly at you. 
"Why?" You asked. That was all you had to ask. 
"Personal emergencies. Now, if you don't mind— we need to go quickly. I have an appointment soon." He said. 
"F*ck your appointments. In no way am I staying alone with you for 2 days!" You protested. He sighed and shook his head saying, "That's what is happening, sweetheart." 

—Conrad New York Midtown, Manhattan 

You stared at the lady staring at you both, a little awkwardly. Well, anybody would be awkward seeing how you were arguing to every single sentence Taehyung said. 
"Well... we'd like to take the keys for the reserved room."
"Your name, sir?"
"Kim Taehyung." 
"Oh, alright! The VIP suite room... There you go, sir! The luggage cart is here, the staff will carry your luggage to your room. Have a nice stay!" 
"Thanks." 

Taehyung took the keycard and said, "Let's go, sweetheart."
"Don't call me that in public."
You glared at him and looked at your hand which he held, tightly.
"Leave my hand, ugh." You said.
"I would have... but you don't keep your promises." He said, in a disappointed tone. You scoffed and rolled your eyes.