Chapter 31:: Hearts

Author's POV: 

Sitting on the plane, you sighed. Looking beside you, you saw Taehyung scrolling his phone.
"How long will we be there?" You asked. He looked at you and then at his phone. 
"3 days." 
"Only 3 days?"
You asked.
"You didn't want to go there I thought."
"I didn't... but, is 3 days enough to find all evidence or whatever?"
You asked. 
"It is." 

It had been 8 days since the conversation with Taehyung. A conversation which gave you a different idea about him. That was the first time he said something about you in a tone which didn't depict hate. He sounded like he was explaining a characteristic of you by calling you 'smart'. You wondered if it was also a type of compliment which he gave you but again, those thoughts seemed ridiculous. So you shrugged them off. 

Days went normal but you felt a different connection with him now. The hatred probably didn't even exist. He was nice now. After apologizing, he stopped saying anything rudely which he barely did anyway. You realized he wasn't as big of a jerk as you always portrayed him. Well, he was a mafia so he wasn't supposed to be all friendly but he wasn't as bad either. And you kind of appreciated it. Was it progress or regress? You had no idea.

And your hands weren't cuffed with his this time. Instead, they were captivated by his large ones.

Yes, he was holding your hand throughout the whole flight. You kind of found it annoying but at the same time, you felt a warm tingle spread across your hands and somewhere in your belly as his hands held yours. His touch wasn't a wrong one, he had no bad intentions. He held you in a delicate way, respecting that you wouldn't want to keep your hands with him. 

But he also claimed not to trust you. Like- where would you even run off inside a plane? 

"Are you sure you're not holding my hand because you just want to?" You asked. He looked at you once before looking back. 
"No." He answered. But he sounded unsure himself. You saw his eyes wavering here and there making a frown appear on your face. Was he lying? He certainly was. 
But you didn't protest. You just sat there wondering what was even happening. 

Jo and Azure were on another seat, sleeping together and you were with him, again. 

—Time skip

You sipped your unicorn frappe from Starbucks as Taehyung was eyeing your drink.
"That's more sugar than milk." He said. You frowned and said, "Stop. It's good unlike your bitter expresso with zero sugar. You're inhumane for liking that."
"I'm inhumane to you either way."
He whispered, more like to himself as you stared at his profile walking towards the counter to pay. Jo was drinking his cold coffee and Azure was with him. You gulped and wondered what this trip would bring. 

You were nervous. It had been 15 years since you last came here. Your heartbeat was increasing with every passing moment though for some reason, being with them—or just one of them—always made your heartbeat raise. This moment was different. You felt anxious about the upcoming events. 

Soon, Taehyung came back and you all were now in the car, on your way to your house.

—Time skip 

Arriving in front of your house, you stood there, staring at the beautiful big house. Memories rushed into your mind as your palms started sweating. You gulped, feeling a tug in your heart. It was aching. 
You gulped again and took in deep breaths. Jo was taking out the luggage while the chauffeur helped him. You stared at the beautiful windows and faint memories of days when you'd stare outside those windows flashed right in front of your eyes.