Aftermath

The war against Tyrants was over now. Operation Squad can rest now. History shall not forget these human forces who fought against these creatures and saved humanity. Were the soldiers feeling good about this? Yes. Their struggles for all these years, loss of life and property, beloved ones going forever, all finally has come to rest. No one will feel unsafe now.

"What are you going to do now Ciaran?" Selena asked looking at sky.

"With this war over now, I feel home sick. I miss my mother. I guess I'll go back home." Ciaran replied blankly staring at sky. "What about you?" he asked Selena.

"I think I'll go back as well. My family of hunters would be proud of me now. They will surely accept me back." Selena replied.

"They will have to. You have killed many Tyrants as well. Coming from a family whose members have only killed beings who were hardly the size of the toes of the Tyrants." Ciaran replied.

Selena nodded.

"Where are you two lost?" Jacob asked.

"Nothing. We were having a chit chat." Selena replied.

"What about you Jacob? What are you going to do now?" Ciaran asked.

"To be honest, I really don't know." Jacob replied looking down. "My family sent me here to die, saying I was the weakest in family. Spending for my food would be a burden, yet it was me who saved them. My parents, brother and sister." He said and laughed. "That's a different story that during the Centaur-Nemean attack, they died. Hence, I really don't know where to go and what to do." he ended.

"I see." Ciaran said looking towards Jacob.

"No worries Jacob. I am going to talk with General about continuing Operation Squad. You can join us then." Aaron said appearing behind him.

"Really?" Jacob said.

"Yes. Even Captain is supporting me in this." Aaron said.

"That might be good, but no Tyrants remain now. Why would Operation Squad be kept?" Jacob asked.

"Be prepared for your recruitment letter soldier to know that." Aaron tried to say in heavy voice, trying to act like a Commander.

Everyone started laughing.

Aaron and group then bids goodbye to Lionel and Madelyn, who stayed back to check on the other soldiers' return. Of course it was Lionel's decision to stay back, but Madelyn chose to stay as well.

By night time, everyone was back to camp. Except for Lionel, Aaron, Madelyn and Jacob, everyone left.

"I'm gonna miss this place." Jacob said.

"Lets hope for my proposal to be successful." Aaron said.

"Yeah." Jacob said.

Lionel came out of his room, along with packers and movers' executive.

"Transport this bag to Army main base. These to my home. The addresses are provided." Lionel said.

"Yes sir." The executive said and left.

Lionel was without his armour. His braces were visible. The three started staring at them.

"What?" Lionel asked.

"Nothing." Aaron said.

"Lets go then." Lionel said, going towards the car waiting for him to escort him and Madelyn home.

"Take care Madelyn." Aaron said, hugging her.

"You too Aaron." Madelyn said, hugging back.

"If you have any problem. You can contact me any time cutie." Jacob said.