Chapter 63: Boom! Plan!

Start from the beginning

"How is Jane doing by the way? I don't know what happened after the battle with her and Dartz. I just know Jane and (Y/n) kicked his ass." Yuma slipped in the question with a light chuckle. Selene's eyes lit up from the mention of Jane. She looked eagerly at them "I don't have a Jane in my world so I look forward to meeting her along with mama!" Selene found Jane very interesting. Also found it cool to have known she was a cute cat. Yami and Yugi exchange a sad glance at each other. It wasn't too hard to figure out the reason behind their glances. "What . . . Happened to Jane?" Selene slowly asked. Yami gave Yugi a nod for him to go ahead and tell them the unfortunate fate Jane had in the battle against Dartz. How she helped save the world with her great and unforgettable sacrifice. The news made Yuma slump down on his knees. Selene sat beside him with a hand on his shoulder. Trying to comfort him.

Yuma knew things were going to end like that eventually once he let you and Jane go back to the past but . . . He didn't imagine that Jane would be taken so soon after her arrival . . . Although . . . He wasn't entirely sad about it either. From what he learned about Jane, he can understand that this was a way Jane probably would have wanted to go out in. Jane got to tell the truth, she got to apologize, she got to reunite with her knightley friends one last time, she got to avenge – even though it cost her greatly this time – in the fight she never got the chance to end all those years ago, and she couldn't have gone out in any better way than with the people she loved more than anything else in this world. He was glad she got to make amends before she left this world. After living for so long at once a sad existence that became a blissful one in the end. Still, Yuma couldn't help but cry. "I'm sorry for being the bearer of bad news . . ." Yugi apologized in a low, sad tone. "It's alright." Yuma shakes his head while wiping his tears. "At least Jane got to rest without any regrets. That is something to be happy about at least." He said, managing a smile. Yugi smiled back at him ". . . Let's go see what Yusei and Jaden have come up with." Yugi encouraged. He stood up with Yami and the two younglings. They all followed Yugi's suggestion and went over to Yusei and Jaden.

Selene stood by Jaden. "Ahem" Yami cleared his throat. Standing in front of Jaden "Oh. I'll move. No worries, your highness!" Jaden smiled brightly and casually moved to the side. Yami stepped in between Jaden and Selene. Yami lightly chuckles "No need for formalities." Yami waves his hand for him to drop the royal treatment. Yami didn't feel comfortable with things such as that quite yet. Jaden nods and turns his attention to make small talk with Yusei and Yuma. The pharaoh glanced at Selene "Jaden is too old for you." Yami whispered down to Selene. She didn't catch on at first until a split second later. Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment. Realizing Yami and Yugi saw the conversation between Yuma and her about her little crush on the slifer red duelist in the memory link earlier. Yugi didn't say anything about it but Yami sure had something to say about it. "You should be with someone your age." Selene pouts with her arms crossed. Having to hear her father lecture her about a crush was embarrassing but also weird. "Preferably with someone whose hair doesn't look like a Kuriboh." Yami added with a light cough. Selene scoffs "Seriously?! Have you seen your hair?!" Selene whisper yelled at him. Yami crossed his arms with his head held up high. "I'll have you know your mother loves my hair." He had a sly smirk on his face. That didn't take too much to figure out what he meant for the little princess. Selene had her hands over her ears "Ew! Gross!" Selene gagged in disgust. Jaden poked his head out to their side "Whatcha guys talking about?" Jaden innocently asked. "Nothing!" Selene blurted out, still with rosy cheeks. She went to punch Yami's arm but her hand went through him. Selene caught herself though before she almost stumbled because of that. Yami snorted while Selene composed herself. She cleared her throat "Anyways, what plan have you come up with?" Selene quickly changed the focus from her for a new topic to focus on.

Jaden walked over to the edge of the roof with Yubel coming up from apparently going off somewhere. "The first plan of motion we need to do is obviously evacuate the citizens." The others followed him to the roof's railing. Looking down at the courtyard full of innocent duelists. Some parents. Some young adults. All of them have their lives ahead of them. Yugi tore his eyes away from the stage. Seeing the stage only made him reimagine the horrible fate Pegasus was dealt with. Yugi took his eyes upon his grandpa who was sitting on a bench. Looking around while he was eating. Waiting eagerly for his grandson to return. "I will send a fireball to make the humans evacuate. There are 3 exits that I found." Yubel informed them when they flew down beside Jaden. They pointed to the exits that they found. "This means instead of 2 we will have 3 teams. 3 teams will go out to make sure the people exit safely." Yusei added. "Since there are physically 5 of us." Jaden placed a hand over his heart "I will go alone. Yusei is with Yuma and Yugi will be with the princess. That way Astral and Yami could search higher up if there are still civilians needed to be evacuated that are near their exits." Jaden explained one of the plans. He looked at Yusei to explain the other plan. Yusei looked at Yugi "We can defeat him by dueling. I mean most villains we all have fought somehow always need to duel them. So we're pretty much most likely going to end up dueling him." Yusei shrugs nonchalantly. Yuma and Yugi thought about it then slowly nodded. It ridiculously made sense since that's mostly what ends up happening for them too. It is something these legendary duelists all had in common: Saving the world with a card game. "Although we have to be prepared for the possibility of that not working. For if defeating Paradox does not guarantee that things in the other timelines will return once he is defeated." Yusei turned to Selene with a serious expression across his face "Which is where Lady Selene comes in." All eyes went on Selene. Made her shrink a bit where she stood in this group circle.