And Through It All, A Survivor Is Born.

Most of the kids within the dropship had been moved upstairs, away from a very vexed Bellamy

Most of the kids within the dropship had been moved upstairs, away from a very vexed Bellamy. The boy's gun was at his side – as per usual. His usually warm and welcoming eyes were flooded with rage. He had thrown curses at Murphy multiple times; Clarke trying to calm him down by stating that this was bound to happen. And it was.

Anya was doing this to show these kids that when she didn't get what she wanted the first time, she'd most certainly get it the second.

I couldn't help but feel a little guilty for bringing Murphy inside. I hadn't known him, and thought him to be someone in need of help. And while he was in need of help, he was also sent here to doom us all to our inevitable deaths – no. No, we were not going to die like this. Anya had already taken one too many lives; she would take no more. Not even Blades – who would be rescued by dawn.

Doubt flooded me, and I found myself questioning Kaden's orders. What if Blade was completely fine, and like I had thought before, Kaden was there to see if Blade truly meant something to me? What if Anya had sent him knowing full-well how kindly he acted towards me on the bridge? What if Blade was already dead?

What if this, what if that – I shut down my doubts. I had to take the risk. I had to ignore the look that covered his face that day in the cell. He had dug a knife into Keegan's side, but he did it to protect me. I hated him for it. But he had saved me. And if Kaden had been lying this entire time to draw me right into their gates again, I'd kill him – him and everyone else that got in my way.

I drew myself back to reality, having ignored Bellamy's constant threats towards Murphy as Clarke asked him to share any useful information. When they were coming; was anything spoken; anything he saw that could help us get the upper hand. He shook his head at all the blonde's questions. He wasn't lying when he said he was running from them, and he sure wasn't lying when he said he didn't know anything.

Camp Sky was screwed.

"They're vicious and cruel," Murphy spoke through swollen cheeks. You got that right, kid.

Bellamy let out a low growl, stalking forward. "You want to see vicious?"

Murphy crawled back, frightened. I rolled my eyes at Bellamy's threats, stepping in front again to stop him from going any further. Clarke stood a few feet away from us, eyeing the entire situation with those blue eyes of her. She looked tired – very tired. It appeared as if the infection had taken a greater toll on her in the past few minutes. Who knew what would happen if we didn't find an antidote soon.

"You take another step forward, B, and you risk getting infected." Bellamy stared down at me, taking a slight step back. "This thing spreads through contact. Just being in the same room as the infected is dangerous enough."

The dropship flap opened up; the sound of boots running in. Bellamy glanced over his shoulder, my eyes peeking to the side to see who had come in. Expecting it to be another kid bleeding from their eyes, I placed a hand on Bellamy and walked forward, protectively covering his body. I felt his eyes on me as I stepped forward, but he said nothing. No matter how much of a pain in the ass he was, I couldn't let him get sick.