𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

Start from the beginning

Dawn opened her mouth to speak but couldn't even find any words. Tears fell from the corners of her eyes. And then...

BOOM!

Everything shook violently. The house shook, and the windows rattled violently in their frames. The loud bangs caused the glass to shatter. Shards of glass flew everywhere, and dust flew up as debris scattered along the floor. Dust filled the air and covered the room and everyone inside it from view.

Then a flash of white blinded the girl momentarily, causing her to cover her eyes tightly. She felt Ana's presence beside her disappear, leaving her alone in the middle of the crumbled mess she called home.

Slowly, she lowered her arm, and her eyes widened in surprise and fear.

Surrounding her were people clad in black cloaks with their faces hidden behind their long hoods. In the middle stood a person who seemed to be the leader because as soon as they pulled down their hoods, it was followed by many.

"Dawn Beaumont." An icy-cold and intimidating voice spoke. A woman with blue eyes, long silky raven hair cascaded over her shoulders, and sharp features. was staring right at her with narrowed eyes and a cold expression. A sinister smirk tugged at her lips.

Dawn swallowed hard.

She had seen this woman before, but she didn't know who she was, but she kept seeing her everywhere she went. It almost felt like she was stalking her. Now Dawn knows she was. As much as she tried to deny it, something about the woman made her uncomfortable. She was different. Cold. Dangerous.

"What do you want from me?" She demanded, clenching her fist to hold back a shiver that raked her body. The woman smiled at her, and she instantly regretted asking that question.

"Your magic. I wanted your magic." She said calmly, with a dangerous glint shining in her blue eyes. "Your magic is something you can't control. A power that could wreak havoc in this world if handle not carefully. A power that could destroy the world shouldn't be at the hands of an inexperienced witch. So you better cooperate nicely. Or else I might end up hurting you. How does that sound?" The woman asked as if she were talking to an infant. The smirk on the woman's lips grew wider at Dawn's hesitation.

"NO!" All heads snapped to the bound Ana. "You can't give your magic to Evanora! She's dangerous, Dawn. Giving your magic to someone like her is like sealing the fate of this universe into ruins!" At those words, an aura of pure rage and hatred engulfed Evanora's body.

"Shut your mouth, you filthy traitor! This doesn't concern you!" She seethed, glaring daggers at Ana, who ignored her and stared pleadingly at Dawn. After a while, Evanora turned her attention back to Dawn. "Do we understand each other?"

Dawn didn't reply. She just looked at the woman in front of her defiantly. The woman laughed. "You wanted to do this the hard way? Fine. Then it shall be the hard way." With these words uttered, she held her hand out to Ana.

"WAIT! NO!" Dawn shouted as a beam of violet energy shot out of Evanora's palm to Ana. Her shrieks and cries of agony pierced Dawn's eardrums. But even in that state, she tried to reach out and help the only person who treated her like her own family in this world.

She was preparing to blast the woman who caused Ana so much pain when Dawn felt a sudden pull on her wrist. Immediately, her hands were bound by purple chains, and she was forced to stay still.

"NO! NOOOOOOOO!" She screamed, desperately struggling against her bonds and fighting to break free. But it was no use. Her desperate screams echoed through the night.

She watched in horror as the people... No... Repulsive monsters drained the life in Ana's eyes. She watched as her once vibrant violet eyes faded to a dull grey, and her lips became a pale shade of grey, turning them lifeless, colorless. Her heart clenched with fear as she realized the woman couldn't even scream. Her pleas went unheard. Her pleas went unnoticed.

What have they done? All she ever wanted was to feel love and give love in return. Was that too much to ask?

"If you could just give us your magic, it wouldn't have come to this. Ana would still be alive... and you would be with her." Evanora's voice whispered in her ears in a soft tone. Dawn bit back a whimper of pain. She hated how weak and powerless she felt.

It was true. It was her fault. If she had just given them her magic, Ana wouldn't be dead. But the older witch begged her to not give them her magic. She pleaded for her, even if it cost her life. No matter what happens, she should not give her magic.

Her face twisted up in anger. How dare this bitch blame this on her?! How dare she claim it was her fault that this happened?! She knew Ana would never blame her for her death, and that thought alone had eased her mind. Now, she has to continue to do what Ana asks of her.

To not give them her magic.

『• • • ✎ • • •』