𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

Start from the beginning

"Relax. I just knocked her out. There's no need to get angry. Don't worry. She should be waking up soon. And as for you... I've already told you." The masked man reached out to his face and pulled his mask away, revealing his face. His eyes seemed to be glowing under the torchlight. "You'll be a great asset to the kingdom. You'll serve me well." He smiled maliciously. Kai clenched his fist tighter, his nails digging into his skin painfully.

"I will never serve you or the King! NEVER. No matter what you do to me or what you force on me, I will not betray the ones that I care about. I will NEVER betray them!" Tears threatened to spill from his eyes as he yelled furiously.

"That's a shame," The brown-eyed male whispered. "Because you don't have a choice." Kai's brow furrowed in confusion. "Choice...? What—" Before he could finish, the masked male shoved him harshly against the wall, smacking his head loudly against it. His ears started ringing, and it felt like his whole body weight was being pressed on him.

"You'll thank me later." Was the last thing the Summoner heard as an unknown black mist enveloped his senses.

"I'm scared..."

Dawn's eyelids fluttered open as she heard the soft yet frightened whispers drifting into her ears. The voice was familiar, yet foreign in her ears.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I will always be here to protect you."

Is that...?

Her head swiveled around to see the scene before her. She was in a house. Similar to the one she saw from the Factual Dimension, where she was practicing a spell that could transform an object. But unlike that house, this one seemed to be dark. Like literally dark because every window, door, or opening was shut tight. Like the people residing inside the house were hiding from someone.

"Listen, Dawn. Listen." Her head went to the side, and she saw her... Ana. Her bright violet eyes were shining with a sad and desperate glow. "No matter what happens. Don't give them your magic. It's yours, and you can't let them take it away from you. Understand?"

Dawn couldn't speak, but nodded at the woman obediently. She wanted to ask what was going on. She tried to say something, anything. But it was like she wasn't in control of her own body. Glancing to the side, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She was wearing the same clothes that she was wearing when she arrived at the place. She suddenly felt a sinking feeling. Something bad is going to happen.

Ana smiled at her. Her shining violet eyes, full of unshed tears, looked at her with such affection that it almost hurt her heart. Then she reached forward, cupping Dawn's cheeks gently. "There's nothing to fear, sweetheart. Everything will be fine. Just be brave. Be strong. You're the most powerful of us. You can't let any harm come to yourself. Remember? Remember everything. I believe in you, my little witch." A warm tear slipped from Ana's eye and trailed down her cheek.