𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"so, are you ready for today?" asked monica. monica had been asking her this everyday, just to check in on her kaia. she hated seeing kaia this way.

"yeah, i guess so. i mean it's just acting," shrugged kaia.

monica led kaia to the couch and both sat down.

"it's a kiss scene..." monica winked, kaia laughed.

"once again, mon. it's acting," laughed kaia.

"whatever, let's just go to make-up. i think i'll be in the air when they're filming you and miles," said monica, as the two walked through the door.

"ugh," kaia groaned. "that means glen will be gone too."

"yeah, i wish i could be there after for you," laughed monica.

the two made it to the makeup chairs, immediately greeted by cassie and the other makeup artists. minutes passed until cassie couldn't hold in her nosiness anymore.

"kaia, i'm sorry hon i'd i'm overstepping but you know me. i'm nosy..." cassie started, but kaia giggled. knowing what she was going to ask.

"it's okay, cass," kaia laughed.

"cass, you should've been there," monica shook her head as she was getting makeup applied. "it was sickening the look on keleighs face."

"monica, you're such a shit talker — i love it," cassie laughed. "but kaia, are you okay my love?"

kaia looked at herself in the mirror. was she really okay? maybe. kaia noticed her cheeks weren't as full as they were before, and cassie noticed too as she applied makeup on her. the bags under her eyes weren't super noticeable but they weren't unavoidable.

"yeah," sighed kaia. "i mean, i'm getting out there. moving past this. i think i might actually pursue chris."

cassie smiled at the girl through the mirror. "that's my strong girl."

kaia could cry right then and there. monica beat her to it, though.

• • •

joseph had pulled away from his chair, and went over to kaia and miles as they sat on the beach. rooster was going to talk to sparks after his little tussle with hangman.

"okay, tell us if the sun is too much, we can relocate on this beach," joseph started, then flipped through the script. "i want to see this be shot in one shot. no re-dos, and i believe you two are fully capable of it. let's go."

then he ran off to his chair that was seated next to tom, and tom just winked at kaia who laughed.

miles turned to kaia, they both were standing. kaia was to walk up to him while he was looking out at the ocean.

"ready?" miles asked kaia. this was probably the most interaction the two had in the past few weeks.

kaia simply nodded and walked out of frame to start the scene.

"okay, ready to roll," joseph started, then counted down. "action. all cameras."

kaia or sparks walked up to the man in question. bradley, or miles.

"rooster? are you okay?" kaia softly asked. miles gave her his best rooster look, longing and frustration in one.

miles gave a shrug. "you know, hangman is hangman. the guy knows how to push buttons."

"i'm sorry he brought up your dad."

"it's okay. that's not even the extent as to why i'm mad," miles softly said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "maverick is nagging me as well. has been since he walked into our damn meeting on the first day."

"wait," kaia asked with furrowed eyebrows. "why?"

"i can't tell you, it's a secret," miles smirked, and kaia just gave him a shove. "i'm kidding, i don't want to say because i know both of you are close."

"forget that. talk to me, rooster."

miles sighed and looked at kaia straight in the eyes, his body facing her and hand still in his pockets.

"he pulled my papers. it set me back."

kaia let a few beats pass before saying her next lines. the two had totally forgot there were cameras on them.

"shit," kaia muttered, punching the bridge of her nose.

then miles pulled her hands off of her face, and opened them up so he can see kaia's face.

"i'm getting over it, sparks. don't stress. i'm all focused on this mission..." miles trailed off.

the two connected eyes. miles then slowly dropped her hands, and placed his on her neck and cheek.

"but, maybe this mission isn't the only thing i want to worry about," miles whispered, kaia was in a trance.

kaia gulped. "yeah?" she whispered.

miles simply nodded before tightly holding kaia's face in his hands and kissed her lips.

soft, delicate, mesmerizing.

kaia kissed back and it felt like forever. it was an amazing kiss, with the amazing person she had been pining for.

"cut!"

the producers and directors cheered, yelling something about "one great take!"

kaia and miles pulled away, but kaia avoided his eyes while he pulled his hands away from her face.

tom tan up to the two, pulling them into a group hug. "you guys were amazing!"

kaia smiled and patted his back. he released them, and started talking to miles.

but miles attention was elsewhere. tom was just spitting word to him and expressing how he saw goose within that scene. but he kept his eyes on the girl who was walking away, hands in her pockets.

kaia was walking away, and she couldn't help the tears that were running down her face. she didn't care if her makeup was smearing or that she fled the scene.

she just wanted to be home.

• • •