Chapter 36

The next morning you all pack up and leave the Airbnb. You and Joe say goodbye to Keery, Gaten, Millie, and Noah before you head back to LA in the Mustang. While you're on the road, you look down at your engagement ring and admire the way it sparkles in the sunlight. Joe reaches for your hand and gives it a kiss as he focuses on the road. He asks, "When do you think we will start planning for the wedding?"

You look at your fiancé and smile. "If it were up to me I would marry you today". Joe laughs and replies, "I know, love, me too. But I don't think our families would be happy with us if we did that." You sigh and nod your head. "Well, we should start planning soon. I know we have the rest of our lives together, but I can't wait for it to be official". Joe giggles and your heart just melts when you see your fiancé beam at you.

The next couple days in LA are quite busy. Joe had more press to do for season four, and you had several makeup jobs. You weren't able to spend as much time together on those days. However, on the last night in the city, you finally have no plans other than to watch Volume 1 with Joe in your hotel room. "Are you ready, love?" He cuddles up next to you in bed. "Let's do it. I'm so excited!" You grab the remote and pull up Netflix. You have already watched the first episode at the premiere, but you watch it again to get the whole experience. Joe's scenes in the first episode are your favorites.

Once the credits start, you look over at Joe. He's got the biggest smile on his face and you look at him with so much pride. It is so surreal watching Stranger Things together. When season three premiered three years ago, you were just starting in the makeup industry. You never thought you'd eventually work on this show, let alone meet someone like Joseph Quinn. You get goosebumps when you hear the beginning of "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" by the Cramps. Your heart races as you see your fiancé as Eddie Munson on the screen. This is the second time you've seen it, but watching him perform never gets old. You giggle as you watch him and Joe leans over to kiss your cheek.

You end up binging all of Volume 1 together and it's now 3am. That was not the original plan, since your fight to London is at 8am. However, halfway through you and Joe said "fuck it" and decided to stay up and finish. "Should we take a short nap or stay up?" Joe thinks for a second and says, "we can sleep on the plane. It will take about ten hours to get home". You give Joe a look as he rubs his eyes. "Babe, we should just take a quick nap. I can tell you're tired." Joe closes his eyes and sighs. "I'm fine, I swear." You giggle and lean forward to kiss his nose. "I'll set and alarm for an hour from now." You lay down facing away from him and pull the covers over yourself.

A couple seconds later, you can hear Joe adjust and aren't sure what he's doing, that is until he rips the covers off and starts tickling you. "JOE!!!" You immediately scream and laugh as he tickles your sides. Joe is laughing as he continues to tickle you. "Babe, stop it!" At this point Joe climbs on top of you while you're laying on your back. You're laughing so hard that you're finding it hard to breathe. "Joe...Jo...seph. Quinn!!!" He is almost in tears as he tickles you for a couple more seconds and stops. "Sorry love, I just couldn't help myself. But I told you, we're not napping. I've got other plans". You start to feel heat build through your core at his words.

You decide to play along. "Other plans, huh? Please enlighten me." Joe reaches for your arms and gently pins them above your head on the bed. "Gladly". He leans down to give you tender kisses on your forehead, cheeks and lips. He looks into your eyes and whispers, "let me give you a massage". You giggle and raise your eyebrow. "I recently got one, babe, remember? At that amazing spa? I should be the one giving you a massage". Joe smiles as he leans forward, close to your ear. "Maybe later. Now, let me touch you." He is utterly irresistible, so you nod your head. "Where do you want me?" He whispers, "lay on your stomach". He gets off of you for a second so you can take your shirt off and adjust. Once you're laying on your stomach, he positions himself comfortably and gently touches your back.