Chapter 11

In the morning you open your eyes, roll over, and see that Joe is not in bed with you. You call his name and there is no answer. A couple seconds later, you hear sounds coming from the kitchen, along with the smell of coffee. You sit up, stretch, and go in the bathroom. You look in the mirror to make sure you don't look too crazy since you just woke up. You then head to the kitchen and find Joe grabbing two mugs and creamer from the fridge. "Good morning, y/n. You sleep okay?" "Yes, how about you?" Joe smiles as he looks at you. "Yes, it's actually the best sleep I've gotten all week". Those butterflies in your stomach start to flutter again. You walk over to him and go in for a hug. "I'm glad to hear that". He leans down and gives you a tender kiss. "I made coffee. Would you like some?" He whispers to you sweetly. "Yes, please".

You sit at the island and he hands you your mug. "Are you ready for today?" You ask after you take your first sip. Of course, the coffee tastes perfect. "Very", he smiles and places his hands on the counter. He looks so hot standing like that, but you try not letting it distract you. You continue your conversation about the day ahead, and then check the time. "Okay, we can eat if you'd like and then we should get ready to go." Joe nods his head yes and you are quickly learning that he will never pass a meal. You both eat and then head back to your room to get your stuff. "Can I take a quick shower?" Joe asks and then quickly adds "if not, I can go to my apartment". "Go ahead, I won't make you go home just to shower" you laugh.

He heads into the bathroom and leaves the door cracked. As you start changing and putting your stuff into your backpack, you notice that the door is slightly open. What is with him leaving doors cracked open?! You can't help but feel your eyes moving to look inside. You hear him turn the water on and pull the shower door closed. You try to fight the urge to take a sneaky little peek in the bathroom as he showers, but ultimately you lose. Tiptoeing to the door, you peek inside and see Joe in the shower, naked, soapy, and it's so fucking hot. You could die happy right then and there. You bite your lip as you watch him rub himself with body wash and are glad his eyes are closed. You then tiptoe back so he doesn't catch you staring.

A couple minutes later you hear him turn the water off. Once he is dried off and puts clothes on he walks out of the bathroom. His hair is wet and crazy and you smile at it. "The nice thing about wearing a wig is I don't have to worry about how my hair looks". You say, "I love your hair. Something about those curls" and he smiles at you. "Why thank you, love". Once you're both ready to go, you head to Joe's car and head to set. Before either of you get out of the car, you want to kiss him because you don't know when you will see him. "Can I have a kiss before we go?" He immediately leans over and gives you a sweet, soft kiss. You get out of the car and head to your trailer while Joe walks towards his own.

You start working on the cast members and after a couple hours, Amy, the makeup director comes in and gets your attention. "Our team is short today, so I am going to ask that you take more clients than normal. I emailed you the names and all of their info is in there about their makeup looks. Let me know if you have any questions". After she leaves the trailer you open your email and find the list of names. Your heart explodes as Joe is on your list. You try to contain yourself as there is another makeup artist in the trailer with you. Jules is super nice and you really enjoy her company, but she does not know about you and Joe. "Our day just got crazier, huh" she says to you with a sigh. "It sure did".

Soon after the trailer door opens and Joe walks in. He's got his costume on but not his wig yet. "Hello ladies". He looks at you while the other makeup artist isn't looking and winks. "Hi Joe", you both say back to him. He walks over and sits in your chair. "Time to make me beautiful" he says with a laugh. If he starts flirting with you, you're not sure if you will be able to control yourself. You grab your makeup and brushes and read what his makeup look entails. You wash your hands and then start working on him. "I always ask clients if you prefer that I apply the products with my hands or with my brushes". "You can use your hands". You notice he bites his lip a little when he says this. You try to ignore it but feel your heart beating faster than normal.

"I'm sorry if my hands are cold," you say and he replies, "not to worry" with a soft smile. You take some primer and pump some into your hand and then start applying it to his face. His skin is so soft and flawless. You and Jules make small talk with Joe, but as your are working on him you look into his eyes and make little faces at him to try to get him to laugh. His makeup look does not entail much, just some foundation and lip balm. Once he's finished, he thanks you, sneakily grabs your ass, and heads out of the trailer. Jules says, "Well he is just as sweet as can be". You smile and agree with her. "Uh-huh". You hope she can't see that you're totally blushing.

After lunch you check the email from the makeup director again and you notice that you no longer have a client when Joe is supposed to film the D&D scene. You quickly clean up your station and head to set. The crew doesn't necessarily want a bunch of extra people as they film, so you try to be sneaky as you see the set up of the D&D game. You see Finn, Gaten, Priah, and Joe. There are other members of the cast dressed in Hellfire Club shirts, the same people who were in the cafeteria scene yesterday.

"BUT VECNA LIVES!" Joe's American accent catches you off guard

"BUT VECNA LIVES!" Joe's American accent catches you off guard. You're so used to his luscious British accent. The other actors react to his line and the scene continues. You are so captivated by Joe. "There is no shame in running. Don't try to be heroes. Not today, kay?" You hear him deliver his line and he gives an adorable smile.

There is dice rolling and once the it stops, you hear Joe yell "THAT'S A MISS!" while shaking his head wildly. You are obsessed at how chaotic Eddie is. Eventually Priah rolls the dice and you hear the directors say that it must land on twenty. Once they finally do, everyone cheers and Joe makes cute sounds of excitement while clapping his hands. He then leans forward, opening his arms in a presenting motion and smiles. You hear the director say "Cut!" and you sneak out of the set before anyone else sees you gawking at Joe.

 You hear the director say "Cut!" and you sneak out of the set before anyone else sees you gawking at Joe

Author's Note:
This is what I imagine the makeup application process is. I actually have no idea, so bear with me lol. 🥲