Chapter 35

Once you both go back to the living room, your friends are still playing spin the bottle. "My turn," Holly says, but before she spins, she looks over at Joe. "Are you still playing?" This bitch! You wrap your arms around Joe's waist and reply, "we're sitting out for now. But we'll watch".

You look up at him and he leans down to kiss you. You open your mouth and make out with him for a couple seconds, until you hear Gaten jokingly shout, "Damn, if y'all are going to fuck just go to the bedroom". You break away from Joe and pull him over to sit on the couch with you. Holly looks away and spins the bottle. It ends up landing on Keery. You roll your eyes again, only because he has a girlfriend and you hope she does not kiss him the way she kissed Joe.

She only gives Keery a quick peck but now you're annoyed. She wants my fiancé, I just know it. You start playing with Joe's ring on his right hand. He smiles at you and kisses your temple. "Alright, alright, let's call it," Gaten says and everyone agrees. "I'm starving," Millie says and Noah agrees. Everyone's drunk at this point, so you suggest, "how about we order pizza?" You pull out your phone and order. "I kind of want to hang out in the backyard," Maya says and Holly stands up with her. They head out that way and eventually Millie, Noah, and Gaten follow. At this point it's only you, Joe, and Keery in the living room.

"Okay, can we please talk about Holly?" You say, and at this point, you don't care who hears. You're drunk and craving pizza, and you want to discuss this girl's thirst for your man. "What about her?" Keery asks and you give him a look. "What?" He asks again and you scoff and say, "she literally wants Joe's dick. Did you see her kiss him?" Keery laughs and takes another sip of his drink. Joe is still sitting next to you and all you hear is a sigh escape him. "Yeah, I did. Did she not kiss me like that?" Keery tries to clarify. "Uh, no, Keery. She didn't. When she kissed you it was like two seconds and she barely touched your lips. But when she kissed Joe, I could tell she wanted more." You try to explain and hope it makes sense.

Joe gently places his hand on your arm and you look at him. "Y/n, we have already discussed this. If you want to talk about it more, maybe we should do it privately?" You giggle and say, "it's just Keery, babe".  At this point Joe is quickly sobering up, but your head starts to spin. "How about I take you to the bedroom so you can lay down?" You adjust to look at your fiancé and say, "I'm just fine, Joe. Why can't I talk about this with Keery?" Joe sits back quietly and you know he's not happy with you.

Keery says, "Y/n, I think it's all in your head. You're the one with the ring." Although he's right, you're not happy with either Joes. You can tell Holly had her sights set on Joe from the moment she came in. You can feel whatever words that are about to come out won't have a filter."Neither of you are listening to me. I know what I saw. She'd probably fuck you right here right now if I let her." Joe's eyes get big and he leans towards you. "It seems like you're not going to let this go for whatever reason." He stands up and walks away. "Don't walk away from me. Where are you going?!" You stand up and follow him. "I'm going outside," you hear Keery say in the distance. "Not you!" You yell back at him and continue to follow Joe into the bedroom.

You close the door behind you and Joe says, "oh, now you want privacy?!" "Joe, what's the big deal about me talking about it with Keery?! I'm the one who should be mad. This random girl comes into our rental and is trying to get with you!" Joe immediately looks at you. "For fuck's sake, y/n, she is not! Please get that out of your head! If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn't have played the fucking game. I already told you my thoughts about it. That should be enough. Why do I have to repeat myself? And I didn't want you discussing it with Keery because I'd rather keep silly things like this private."

You have never seen Joe so frustrated, and it upsets you, but you hinder on his words. You sit on the bench in front of the bed and repeat, "Silly? You think my feelings are silly?" Joe runs his hands through his curls and groans. "No, your feelings aren't silly. But this argument is. I know you're drunk, so it's most likely the alcohol talking. But Holly has absolutely no effect on me. Whatsoever. She's Maya's friend. That's it."

Joe notices you're looking away from him, trying to hold back tears. He sits on the bench with you and holds your hands. "Baby, please look at me," he whispers. His eyes are dark but so mesmerizing. "I love you. I want you. No one else. Forever. Please, let's stop this now. Yeah?" You can't help but melt when you stare into Joe's eyes, so you sigh and say, "I love you. I'm so sorry for being a hot mess tonight."

Joe kisses your forehead and comes in for a hug. "You're not a hot mess. But it hurts me when you have the slightest insecurity about us. I'm yours, love. Always. Forever. How else can I say it?" "I know, Joe. I know. I had too much to drink tonight, clearly I got feisty over you. I know that you love me. I know that you're mine and I'm yours." Joe nods his head and leans in for a soft kiss. "Can you lay down for a little while, please? I'll bring you pizza once it's delivered." You stand up and walk over to the side of the bed. Joe grabs the bottom of your dress and pulls it over your head. He kisses your cheek and then hands you one of his t-shirts. Once you're laying down, he sits on the bed and leans down to whisper in your ear. "I love you, sweetheart." You're suddenly feeling very sleepy, but still manage to reply, "I love you, Joe".

You wake up an hour later and see a glass of water, ibuprofen, and plate with pizza sitting on the nightstand. You sit up and rub your eyes. You can hear your friends are still up, and you instantly feel bad for causing drama tonight. You take the ibuprofen and sip some water. You then start eating the pizza and hope everyone's enjoying their night. Once you feel a little better, you grab a pair of shorts and put them on before going into the living room. Everyone is still outside in the backyard, so you make your way out there.

You giggle when you see Noah, Gaten, and Keery in the pool. Millie is on FaceTime with Jake, and Joe is sitting alone by the fire pit. You immediately get a flashback of the first night you hung out with Joe, at Noah's apartment two years ago. You head over and whisper, "would you like some company?" Joe snaps out of his thoughts and smiles when he sees you. "There you are. Come here, love. Are you feeling better?" You nod your head, sit on his lap and give him a hug. "Is everyone having fun?". Joe says, "Absolutely. Maya and Holly left, though." "I feel bad I didn't say bye", you reply and Joe says, "well maybe send Maya a text later". You weren't sure why they left, but a part of you felt relieved knowing Holly was gone.

Eventually everyone is so tired that they come back inside to find a place to sleep. You and Joe go to the bedroom and you climb into bed to wait for snuggles. "I'm exhausted," Joe says as he gets into bed. He wraps his arms around you and you smile. He was so warm but it felt so comforting. "Are you ready to go back to LA for a couple days?" You ask him. "Yes, it will be busy but it should be fun." "I don't know about you, but I'll be happy to go back to London and sleep in our own bed," you say and Joe giggles. "Definitely. It will be nice to be home. Once we get back to London, though, do you remember what's next?" You couldn't remember at that moment, until Joe whispers, "London Comic Con."

Author's Note:Hello lovely readers

Author's Note:
Hello lovely readers. 🥰 So I'll be going back to work soon and I won't have as much time to update the story. I will only update once a week. I don't ever want to rush the story and so I hope you understand. Thanks for all the love. ❤️