Chapter 34

Disclaimer:
There is underage drinking in this chapter.

As you both still lay in bed together, Joe pulls you in and holds you tightly

As you both still lay in bed together, Joe pulls you in and holds you tightly. He kisses your forehead and starts rubbing your back to comfort you. "Whenever you're ready to talk, love, I'll be ready to listen," Joe whispers lovingly. You are still unsure of your feelings, but you decide to let Joe know what's going through your head. "Well, I guess I'm just confused. When I saw I started my period, I felt relieved in a way but also sad. I'm relieved because of everything going on with our careers and now our wedding. But, I am also sad because I can really see myself as a mom. I am not sure if this is making any sense," you say hesitantly. "It makes sense, love. You don't have to try to justify why you're feeling this way. I totally understand. It will happen though, one day, and you will be the best mum to our babies." You look at Joe and say, "you really think so?" He then smiles at you and says, "of course, y/n. You will be an incredible mum, the absolute best. But for now, we will carry on and continue living our best life together. If at any time, though, you're still having these feelings, please don't ever hesitate to come talk to me. I'm here for you, love, and always will be." Joe then leans forward and gives you a soft kiss on your lips. "I love you, y/n, with all my heart". You can feel tears forming but try your best to hold them back. "I love you, Joe."

"How about I make us breakfast?" Joe suggests and sits up. "Oh yes, that sounds amazing," you smile at him and start to get out of bed. You head towards the bathroom so you can wash your face, but Joe comes over and stops you. He wraps his arms around you for a warm hug. You stay like this for a couple of seconds and then he gently places his hands on your face. You look into his eyes and he says, "everything is going to be okay, I promise." "I know," you reply and he gives you one last kiss on your forehead.

"What would you like for breakfast? I'll make anything you want," he says sweetly. "How about waffles, eggs, and bacon?" You reply and Joe nods his head and says, "coming right up!" He then leaves the room and you go into the bathroom. You look at yourself in the mirror and take a deep breath. Once you're finished in the bathroom, you head into the kitchen and can smell the coffee brewing. You see Joe, wearing a white tee and sweats, bringing out all of the ingredients he will need for breakfast. "How about you relax on the couch while I cook?" He suggests but you shake your head. "I want to stay in here, with you." Joe smiles and says, "well, I won't deny your company. The coffee is ready for you now". You grab a mug, pour the coffee, and make it just how you like it. You then sit at the island on a bar stool. Watching Joe cook breakfast puts a huge smile on your face. He does everything with so much love, even the smallest things.

Today was your last day in Joshua Tree, and you wish you could have more time. Two days isn't ideal for a vacation, but you both knew that when you planned it. However, it was going to be back to work once you both returned to LA. You have a few jobs for this upcoming week and Joe has more press to do for the upcoming season. This week would be especially busy since Stranger Things Season 4 was premiering on Friday. "How are you feeling about the season finally premiering this week?" You ask Joe as he pours the batter into the waffle maker. "I'm feeling all kinds of things. I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm relieved. I feel like it's taken so long for this to come out. I just hope everyone likes Eddie, that's all".