Chapter 56- moping

Start from the beginning

" Ok well I'm just saying my point is Celeste seems like adamant that she wants it to be over. I don't want to upset you but maybe you need to accept it"

When I think about his words, I realise maybe it is true. She left without even hesitating. And I start to think about how long she'd felt like this. When she was asleep with her arms around me every night was it all just fake? Was she just waiting for the right time to break it off?

" Um earth to Enzo" I swat Nik's hands away as he waves them in-front of my face.
" Get off me"

When I look back up I notice we've reached the foyer.
" Quick get the big sofa" Before I can even try answering Nik he's already hurriedly running over.
I feel a smirk on my lips as I spot a woman around our age staring at him with a look of confusion. It's not too long before Nik notices too.

" Sorry" he grins.
" I've got a very heartbroken friend here. He got broken up with a few days ago and he needs the biggest sofa to cry on"

I feel the embarrassment already on my cheeks. Still I wander over to sit down. To make it worse a few people have begun staring at me with looks of pity.

" Oh I'm sorry" The woman tries offering me a smile.

" I'm sorry about Nik."
Nik hits me over the head lightly and I grin towards him.

" Enzo likes to pretend he doesn't cry about it. But I saw the tear stains on his pillow"

" First of all I never denied that. Second of all why are you inspecting my pillows"

" Wow you've been in the foyer five minutes at most and you've already found someone to flirt with Nik" I hear a familiar voice chuckle.
Kiara's stood leaning against her suitcase, Raffe right behind. He tries reaching out for her hand and surprisingly she lets him take it. It doesn't seem that long ago she still despised him. To be honest it doesn't seem that long since we first met Celeste and Kiara.
Even with her hair matted in blood, bruises forming all over and dirt wiped across her, God, Celeste was so beautiful.
I need to stop thinking like that, it's never going to help me.

" Oh it's not like that" The woman doesn't even try explaining more, only wanders off quickly.

" Oh and now you've scared her off" Kiara smiles.

" The taxi should be hear in a minute so we should probably wait out the front. I'll check out" Raffe says and points towards the large glass doors.

Fifteen minutes later and we are all sat in the taxi on the way to the airport. Nik is sat in the front talking to the driver about the cars engine whilst Kiara giggles about something Raffe is whispering into her ear. I stare out towards the window just as the sea comes into view. Small blue waves roll onto the sandy beach. There are a few people there, some swimming others sunbathing.

Most people expect that we travel a lot, but we never usually have the time for just a holiday that's not business or some tiring mission. I always looks foward to the drive to the airport, you get the best view of all the scenery. Here white stone villas climb up the hills, lemon tree's dotted around.

As we pull up at the airport I grab a wad of cash out my wallet and pass it to the man. He stares down in a sort of awe but mostly he seems confused.

" Keep the change" I click the door open and hop out.
Kiara and Nik thank the driver as Raffe and I grab the luggage out the boot. I grab onto my own before passing Nik's oversized blue suitcase to him.

" Did you even need all this shit?"

" Yes Caldo" he smiles.

" Lorenzo can you shut up and take my suitcase" Kiara yells over the engine. Quickly I step back as the car speeds away.

" Why me?"

" Because I guarantee if Celeste was here you'd be carrying her suitcase. So you can take mine instead"
She offers it out with a grin.

" I do have my own suitcase, she'd probably just take here's"
Kiara raises her brows.

" If Celeste was here she could ask you to carry her around the airport and you'd do it"

" You know when we were younger Enzo used to insist on taking our Mum's suitcase around for her" Raffe chuckles.

" Awww what a sweetheart" Nik ruffles my hair and I harshly swat his hands away.
I do still remember that. Even at seven, in a boiling hot airport in Turkey, I insisted on taking my mum's suitcase around.

I grab onto the handle of Kiara's suitcase and with that we all head into the airport.

Celeste's POV:

I haven't done much since I arrived back home. I had to wait around an hour in the airport for a flight back to London and ended up arriving home at around seven in the morning. I slept for a while  but to be honest I was more just really hungry.

And It was hard to sleep in my own bed. Compared to Enzo's. Everything was strange. I'd never been alone in this massive house, there was always Kiara Enzo Raffe or Nik here.

After eating a frozen pizza, which was slightly stale, I tidied up the living room. We'd left it in a complete mess before leaving. There was a packet of Nik's favourite crisps on the floor of along with a bowl of cereal on the coffee table and a pair of socks strewn across the sofa.
Next I'd gone out to nearest supermarket to get us all some food but after that there wasn't really much more to do.

I strain my eyes over at clock in the corner of the living room, it reads eleven o' clock. They should be back in around two to three hours if their flight left on time
Clicking the tv off, I push up from the sofa to wander of down the corridor. As soon as I walk into the training room, I notice a dagger ,glinting in the lights, thats placed on a table.

It's unfamiliar. It looks different to any I've trained with in here. I pick it up, testing the feel in my hands. It's lightweight, smooth. There's a pattern on the hilt, entwined flowers forming into the shape of a c.

As I bring it closer to my eyes, I notice the tiny engraving. Love you forever -L.
Lorenzo.
My hearts pounding as I skim my eyes over and over the words. As if it might somehow go away.
Love you forever.
I don't know what to feel.
He bought this for me. He was going to give it to me. When we got back?
How long has he had this?

I place it back down. Remove my eyes from anywhere in that direction. Grabbing a large knife, I hurl it at the target.
It hits the exact middle. Although I'm confused out my mind I still feel a sense of satisfaction at the accurate aim. I throw another, it hits the board, only a centimetre from the last blade.

Half an hour later, and I move onto a punching bag. Then onto pistols. It's only when I glance at the ticking clock, that I notice the time