Chapter 39- farm

Celeste POV:

"why did you choose today to look after a baby, I have a fucking hangover!" I sigh as he passes me Rose.

Mason was already cleaned up and with Nik downstairs.

She tugs on my hair, giggling and I wince at the pain, trying to remove her tiny fists.

This morning had already been a disaster looking after her.

" I didn't, it was only this morning her Mum asked me too look after Rose. And you can't swear around babies"

He smirks, shaking his head mockingly and I nudge his shoulder carefully so I don't drop Rose.

" She doesn't understand. How old is Rose anyway?"

She nuzzles her head into my shoulder, clearly about to fall asleep.

I pat her head soothingly and her eyes begin to droop.

How can babies go from attacking your hair to falling asleep in thirty seconds?

" Rose is eighteen months and it's her nap time" he answers, pointing towards the cot he's set up in our bedroom.

" See she's not gonna understand"
Slowly, I lay her down  and cover her with the blanket.

She seems to be asleep by the time I lean back up.
——————————————————————
Enzo and I are in his personal training room, practicing with guns when we hear muffled cries from upstairs around an hour and a half later.

" She's probably awake" He mutters placing his pistol back where it hangs on the wall.

I put my own back and follow him upstairs.

When we enter our room, Rose is lying down in her cot, legs kicking, tears streaming down her face.

"shit" I mutter.

" Stop fucking swearing" Enzo whispers, already sniggering at his own joke.

I roll my eyes, flipping him off and slowly walking over to the cot, to pick Rose up.

As soon as I lift her into my arms, she starts to scream louder, hitting her tiny fists against my chest.

How hard is it to get a baby to shush?

"It's ok" I whisper and try soothingly stroking her hair.
Hopefully that will work.
She just wails even more, her face scrunched up and red.

" Let me take her"he says, holding out his arms.

I place Rose into them and he begins to rock her.

Slowly, she begins to quieten down, only partially sobbing into Enzo's shoulder.

" Shushhh" he whispers softly.
For god's sake.

As soon as he takes her she begins to stop crying.

" Didn't know you were such a good babysitter Caldo"

" Too right, I'll be a good father for our baby huh?" he smirks, glancing me over.

God, he's thinking far ahead.

" Our baby?I'm the one who has to carry around a mini you for nine months."

Enzo snickers still rocking Rose In his arms.

" It will be worth it though"
He raises  his eyebrows and chuckles.

" Well yeah but it doesn't mean I'm not going to complain when I can't even tie my laces"

Suddenly, Rose begins to screaming again.