Chapter 2- call

Celeste pov:

"Shit" I say as my head collides with the pavement. I feel the faint trickle of blood down my cheek.

"Shit, are you ok" I hear Kiara ask.

"I think I'm good. Well apart from maybe a concussion" I answer despite my throbbing forehead.
I reach up to my injured head. Blood sleeps through my fingertips.

Kiara mumbles something about a tissue. The minute I turn around a hand slides over my mouth. "What the fuck"
I try shrieking however I'm only silenced by the firmly held grip over my mouth as he drags me along the pavement.

I try kicking and shoving my way out of his hold but his hands are placed so harshly  on my hip it makes it hard to even breathe.

"Sweetheart this would a lot easier if your would just stop fucking moving" the man snarls in my ear as I try kicking him were it hurts.

The smell of his cologne enters my nose  as his neck skims over my cheek.

It's strong, halting my ability to breath even further.

I scream and struggle trying to free myself. His grasp loosens for a second. Spinning  around to kick him in the stomach he groans and stumbles backwards.

" Do I have to tell you a second time to fucking stop moving!"
" Go fuck yourself" I shriek as he winces, pushing himself up from the ground.
" SHIT"
He was quicker at moving than intended.

I try running but there's a second man behind me, walking at a fast pace.
Two?
My feet sprint harder however the second man catches up to me with ease.

He grabs me harshly by the shoulder, sliding a cloth over my nose.
" Stop trying to run. We'll only catch up to darling"
Its sweet yet overpowering to my nose.

I fight the waves of drowsiness and try to stop my eyes from drooping.

But it's too late and slowly darkness fully envelopes me.

The sound of a manoeuvring lorry rings in my ears. My head throbs with pain. " Shit" I say as I touch my forehead. It's crusted with blood, my gash stinging as I prod it.

"Fuck" I mumble as red liquid begins dripping down my cheek.
It's at that moment everything catches up with me.
What the fuck was happening.
I can't help the tears that begin to fall from my eyes.
We are in the back of a van, Kiara lying unconscious beside me, face first.

I roll her over whilst desperately trying to push my tears back.

I notice my hands are stained with blood and grime as I reach back.
My whole body ached.
Stinging with pain.
Kiara looks no different.

Her face is purple with bruises and her brunette hair is stuck to her cheek with blood.

"Kiara" I whisper shaking vigorously.
A rush of panic runs through my body as she shows no sign of movement.
Finally her eyes flicker for a moment before she mumbles something.
I couldn't tell other than itseemed to be a mix of cursing and questions.

"are you ok" I reply slowly as I shuffle giving her some room to sit up.
" Fuck" Kiara winces.

She tries sitting up yet her body slumps back down. I take her arm to help lean her against the vans boot.

" As good as you can be after being kidnapped" she mutters.

"Anyway, what the fuck are we gonna do?"
I turn my head to her, holding my jumper to my gash. I could feel the blood seep through heavily onto my already injured fingers.

"No idea, I guess they took our phones so we can't call anyone"

We both scoff as Kiara tries turning her head to me.
Crimson blood and dirt covers her school uniform, even more blood dripping from a injury on her cheek.

I push myself up slowly, crawling towards the door at the back of the van.
Pain tears through my body as I move causing a hiss to escape my lips.

Reaching out slowly, I begin hitting harshly.
We had to get out.
No other thoughts fill my mind.
My fists bang against it, only causing myself more pain.

I can't help the tears that stream down my cheeks.
" FUCKING LET US OUT MOTHERFUCKERS" I try screaming but it only seems to come out at as a faint sob.

" Celeste it's ok" a voice calls softly from the corner.
Kiara.
She gives a slight smile whilst beckoning me over.
I crawl back to slump back next to her.
There was no point in trying to escape the van was thoroughly locked.

A few minutes go by when a faint sound echoes from the front.
Kiara's ringtone.
I begin to whisper the lyrics to the song, giggling quietly.
A few seconds later and Kiara joins.

"You sound so out of tune" I whisper to Kiara, laughing.

" Yeah, well you sound shit too you know" she answers, mocking an offended face.

We both carry on laughing until suddenly the car jolts to a stop.

"Ugh do we have to fucking move now?" Kiara groans.

The car boot slowly opens, the sudden change in lighting surprising.

I open my eyes. My glance snags onto the view revealed to us.

"Holy shit" Kiara gasps.