Chapter 7- observance

Kiara POV:

" We're here"
Nik jumps out the front to open the door for Celeste and I. We both hop out quickly.
Immediately my gaze snags onto the building.

Tall walls, tinted glass, the whole entrance lit by chandeliers.

I can't help but let my jaw drop.

Looking to my left, I notice Celeste no different.
" Follow us" Raffe grumbles.

We begin to trail behind the two brunettes and slim blonde until finally meeting with two muscular men.
The hallways are painted a rich blue with mirrors, statues and weapons lining the walls.

"Percy this is me and my brothers fiancés, we would-
Raffe hesitates but he still manages to blurt the words out.

I'm close enough to nudge him lightly in the rib.
But not close enough to hit hard.

Fiancé.

"As I was saying," he coughs.

A smirk forms on my lips as he desperately tries ignoring me.

"We got a call for the recruits so where are the supplies?" Quickly he grabs the paperwork offered by the man.

"Down the hall room 76 and 82 has both groups with both supplies and Zack needs Enzo so you'll have to take your lady to help" Percy explains.

Raffe lets out a loud huff before taking my hand to lead me off. I turn my gaze back to Celeste however she only shrugs.
Great.
I am once again alone with him.

Raffe drags me to a dim corridor with doors labelled 75-85.As he places his thumb lightly on the keypad for room 78 it unlocks with a clean click.

I stepped forward but he quickly slides before me and struts in.
I can't believe this guy.

" What the fuck Raffe"

I hear an intake of breath from his direction but not another word.Rolling my eyes, I follow him in to wait for instructions.

Instead he turns around swiftly and places a box of metal weapons into my arms.

I stare at him blankly.

Who does this man think he is?

"Well don't just stand there, we have work to do". Raffe pushes me ever so slightly back causing me to stumble.

"We?" I try to look back into his eyes whilst desperately grabbing onto his shirt.
He only shrugs me off forcefully.

" First don't fall over. You wanted to be here so I suggest you help" Not saying anymore he stalks out the room.

"With what exactly?"

Yet again I'm the next to speak.

"Well-" I try grabbing an object from the box however it only slips through my fingers.

Raffe swiftly grasps onto the object as he re-enters the room, fixing his eyes onto mine.
Fuck.

I didn't like whenever he did that. It made me feel...controlled?

I turn my gaze away, hopelessly trying to escape contact.

He keeps his stare for no longer than a second more, then turns to the door.

Finally.

"I need help with the recruits and since you are my fiancé" Raffe hesitates on the last few words.

"You can help me. We are just showing them how to work with the daggers and blades, nothing too complicated"
He shrugs,strolling over to a room reading '82'.