chapter 39

"Amma..!" Removing Vijay's hold from her hand Madhu ran to her mother but stopped abruptly seeing the person going near her.

"Appa..." She was shocked and surprised at the same time seeing her dad Rajashekar after a long time.

Rajashekar was blinded with tears of joy seeing his family, his only treasure. But for Manjula it was hard to comprehend all the new information, everything that happened won't simplify the hardship she had gone through as a single parent with her two daughters.

Rajashekar kneeled before her holding her hands as an apology for everything that happened. When Manjula ran towards the house slapping his hands away, muffling her cries with the saree pallu pressed against her mouth; it was an expected reaction from her for everyone.

Witnessing the family drama murmurs arise from the people presented there. Leaving the great responsibility of managing the people to Jay, Vijay went behind Manjula holding Madhu's hand. Rajashekar, Priya and Deksha followed by him did the same.

____________________________

People present there were confused seeing all the things happening one after another.
It was really a difficult task for Jay to manage the people gathered there and giving adequate explanations for the questions of the VVIPs.

Approximately 30 minutes later giving a break to all the murmurs Vijay came out of his house along with Priya. Seeing him walking towards the stage Jay let out a breath of relief he was holding till now.

"What are you waiting for, announce the engagement..?" Vijay said to Jai who stood there in confusion.

"What..! did they agree..?" Now his confusion had completely changed into excitement, as an answer for all his doubts Vijay pointed towards the main door.

There surprising everyone including Jai, Madhumitha walked towards the stage with her parents on both sides. The pale shade presented on her cheeks before due to the stress and sadness was completely changed by a deep shade of pink showing the beautiful feeling of shyness.

The light pointed towards her made her glow even more. Her mesmerizing beauty caught the attention of all the eyes present there.

Leading her to the stage Rajasekhar and Manjula took her hand and placed it on Vijay's hand wholeheartedly. Vijay held her hand tightly it was a silent promise he was giving her that he will never leave her hand no matter what.

Within a few seconds, Priya opened a beautiful velvet box which held two platinum rings. Madhu's Eyes widened seeing their names carved there.

She shifted her gaze towards Vijay holding so many questions. Knowing what her eyes were asking him silently, he held her hand and smiled at her blinking his eyes.

Not wanting to make everyone wait more he held her soft hands in his and put the beautiful platinum ring which held his name carved on it. She also did the same with her heavily trembling hands.

After they exchanged the rings he held her face in his hands and place a soft kiss of promise on her forehead making the people gathered there to clap and cheer for them.

_____________________________

"Why are you wasting my time..? We have to find a way to get him released..." Sandra lashed out at Santosh who was making her wait in front of a hotel for a long time saying that he found a way to get Joseph released.

"Just calm down and do as I say... if that old beggar vomits something when the police beat him up, we all will get arrested don't forget that... after all, we are not his own children..." Silencing her Santhosh took his mobile and started to text someone.

"Don't say like that about dad... he won't tell anything about us to the police... don't forget how he look after us..." Taking his mobile from him forcefully Sandra shouted at him.

"Dad..! You are calling him dad even after he slept with you... Who will sleep with his step-daughter... Disgusting..."

"Santhosh..! Enough... I won't stand you bad-mouthing him..."

Santhosh's phone which she took from him rang breaking their conversation. Before she could cut the call Santosh grabbed the phone from her.

"Hello, sir.............. Yes............. I'm waiting here at blue heaven.............. Yes, she is with me................. No sir, it's already booked................... Okay..."

"Who is it...?" when Santosh ended up the call Sandra asked him doubtfully hearing his conversation with the person on the other end.

"Lawyer Rudhran...."

"But, why is he coming here... can't we discuss about the case at his house itself..."

"At his house..? Then how are you going to give him the fees... All our accounts are freezed don't forget that..." He answered gritting his teeth.

"Then, what are you planning to do now..?" Sandra asked fuming in anger grabbing his collar.

"Simple, you will sleep with him today..?"

"What the f*** ..! I'm not going to sleep with that old man... Ew... Even his looks are disgusting... Find some young lawyer then I will do as you say..."

"Just do as I say... we don't have any options left... Don't forget your role in his drug dealings... Even if I got released you won't be seeing the sunrise..."...............