chapter 3

“Santhosh...!” A very familiar powerful voice made him leave his hold from Madhumitha's hand.

Seeing the owner of the voice Madhu felt surprised.

Vijay stood there with a dark emotion being ready to burn everything. She immediately stood from where she was sitting and went near him.

Madhu felt some kind of security while standing near him. Her heart got clouded with warmth in his presence.

Vijay fisted his hand controlling himself seeing Mathu's hand which was reddened due to Santhosh's hold. "Are you okay..?" he asked examining her hand. She nodded her head as the answer.

Seeing her puppy eyes and pouted lips a smile arisen in him involuntarily. He smiled and she felt the heat spread through her body. 

"You shouldn't sit alone like this when you are at an unknown place..," Vijay said looking at her. His voice cut through her heart and made her forget where she was.

"Is there anything on my face?" He asked her who was seriously admiring his face. She immediately changed her gaze from him like a kid who was caught from stealing chocolates and nodded her head negatively at him.

"Then go inside... next time if I saw you roaming around like this I won't be nice to you... go..."

After making sure that she went inside Vijay turned to Santhosh "If I ever saw you messing around with her... you know what I will do..."

Vijay left from there warning him, leaving behind a fuming Santhosh.

'Vijay Vasudhev, I will show you who I'm'

____________________________

Madhu sat on the bed rubbing her cheeks in an attempt to lessen the reddish colour on her cheeks.

'Am I blushing?' She asked looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Smiling widely like a manic she took her teddy from her bag "you are not a bad guy," she talked to it still blushing.

"Madhu... Priya aunty was calling you." She heard Deksha's voice from outside.

Madhu went to her making a sad face for interrupting the conversation with the teddy.

Madhu went with Deksha to Priya who was talking to their mother.

"Come here..." Priya called them near her "Did you like this house?"

"Yes aunty," both said in unison.

"Call me, Priya Ma..." she said smiling at them "I wanted to have a girl child like you... but God gave me my short tempered son..."

Madhu laughed at her comment about Vijay. Priya pinched her cheeks feeling her gesture irresistibly cute. "I wish, I had an adorable daughter like you..." she said kissing her forehead.

"Don't feel bad about what Vijay said. He is like that since his father's death..." She said placing her hand on Manjula's shoulder

"Thank you for everything Priya," Manjula said wiping her tears.

"Why are you thanking me? Just think of this as a payback... If you didn't save me from that accident 20 years before... I won't be standing here like this in front of you..."

Madhu and Deksha looked at each other not understanding what they were saying.

Looking at their confused face Priya turned at them "I called you to tell about your room, you both can take the guest room on the first floor... last room on the left side."

"Can't we stay at the room on the ground floor near yours?" Deksha pouted.

"It's not that dear... you saw Sandra right? She is Vijay's fiancee.., she will be staying here for a week... Vijay won't like it if she stayed on the first floor so she will stay in the room which you were now whenever she comes here..." she cleared her doubt.

The happiness on Madhu's face faded hearing 'his fiancee' then only she remembered what Santhosh said 'he said that he was Vijay's brother in law that means Sandra's brother' with a dull face she went upstairs holding her bag in one hand and her teddy in the other.

"Madhu, did you see that..?" Madhu looked at the side Deksha pointing and saw a photo hanging inside a room on the right side of the stairs which was of  Priya in her young age holding a cute baby.

Deksha stopped Madhu who was going near the room "where are you going..? that must be the beast's room..." she said indicating Vijay.

"Wait let me see it clearly... Priya ma was looking beautiful in that..." Madhu walked near the door placing her bag on the floor.

"Are you mad? The beast will kill you if he saw you."

Giving a dead ear to Deksha's warning Madhu walked to the room.............................