chapter 29

When Vijay reached his mobile to stop the alarm, Madhu started to turn around in the bed getting disturbed by the alarm sound.

Vijay's hand which moved to stop the alarm got stuck in the midway getting shocked by the feeling of a soft thing moving near him. As a reflex action, he turned to see what was the soft thing laying beside him in his bed without his knowledge.

Seeing Madhu there Vijay felt like his brain stuttered for a moment causing his pupils to dilate taking in more light rays.  He closed and open his eyes a few times for the image in front of him to disappear as if it was a dream. But nothing changed, it was real.

"Oh, shit...!"

He jumped out of the bed in no time when yesterday's event played in his mind.

"Did I...Did I do something to her...?" He repeated to himself when his mind shouted back at him about how he came back home after getting drunk.

'Did I carry her from her room while she was sleeping...?' He checked himself with many questions running in his mind. He got some relief seeing his outfit, the one he wore for office. Only his coat and tie were removed.

To confirm his doubts, with shivering hands he slowly removed the duvet from Madhu's body. He placed his hand on his throbbing heart in relief seeing Madhu fully dressed.

'But, how did she came here?'

"Madhu...Madhu..."  without wasting any time he tried to wake her up calling her name, tapping on her cheeks but it didn't make her move even a bit.

She was still in her deep sleep enjoying the comfort the soft mattress was giving. It irritated him because he was in a stressful situation and the only one who knew what happened was sleeping like there was no tomorrow. 

"Madhu..."  This time his voice raised a bit and he forcefully tapped her on her arm a few times. Somehow it recovered Madhu from her deep sleep a little.

She turned her face away from the window from where the sun rays were falling on her face disturbing her. Turning around she searched for her teddy bear which will be usually there beside her but unfortunately what she got was Vijay's hand.

She opened her eyes immediately getting startled with the presence of a rough hand beside her. What she saw was Vijay looking at her with a serious face, it took her a few minutes to get what happened yesterday into her mind.

She wanted to leave there before Vijay wakes up but the comfort the bed was giving failed her from doing that.

"How did you came here...?" His question was sharp because he wanted to know what happened as soon as possible.

Madhu was confused about how to tell him the truth 'won't he think me as a pervert if I told him what happened?' she thought biting her nails.

Madhu's silence increased the tension in him. Many unwanted thoughts ran through his mind. "Please tell me what happened... did anything happened out of control...? you know what I mean, right...? something like...forcing... Please tell me..." with difficulty he completed saying that.

Madhu's eyes bulged out hearing what he was saying, she came to the verge of crying with his words.

" Madhumita, please tell me what happened... Don't make me tensed" he asked shaking her placing his hands on her shoulders.

Her eyes welled up with him calling her Madhumita instead of Madhu "I...I didn't force you..."

"What...!"

"Promise... I didn't force you...I...I just kissed you once...on your cheek..." She stammered pointing to his cheek where she kissed.

"What...? What are you saying...?" He was confused more hearing her blabbering. "Did you came here by yourself while I was sleeping...?" He added.

Not having any words she slightly nodded her head. Her response made him mad, she came here by herself when Vijay was not in the right state of mind.

"Stupid, how can you enter into a man's bedroom while he was drunk... What if I had done something...?" Vijay scolded her pressing his temples, the hangover headache was not doing any good to him. Also, he thanked every god for keeping him controlled even in his drunkenness.

Madhu became pathetic by the time, Vijay got to know her kissed him when he was asleep and also got scolded by him for her acts. Her cheeks and the tip of her nose became reddish due to embarrassment and sadness.

"You came here like a thief, late night to kiss me without my knowledge... And even slept with me..." Vijay's words brought her out of her thoughts.

"I... I didn't come to kiss you..."

"Then...?"

"I came to say sorry..." She said while wiping the tears flowing through her cheeks with the back of her hand.............................................