chapter 35

"Uncle... I don't know whether I have the right to apologize... But that's the only thing I can do now..."
Vijay said to Rajashekar who was now at commissioner Shekar's residence.

Rajashekar got released after the statement he gave against Joseph got proven and the police didn't find anything which prove his involvement in any of the crimes. Even after proving his innocence commissioner Shekar cannot take any action against Joseph as he has strong political support. So until they find a shred of strong evidence against Joseph's illegal drug dealings they decided to keep Rajashekar at commissioner Shekar's residence. And also they kept the release of Rajasekhar secretly to not to provoke Joseph.

"You don't have to apologize to me Vijay... you are my Vasudev's son... I'm the one who is thankful to you for protecting my daughters and wife and keeping them at your place..." Vijay looked at him in confusion about how he came to know all this, looking at his confused face Rajasekhar continued. "Joseph sir told me everything... thank you son for protecting them..." he held Vijay's hand in gratitude.

Vijay was speechless after hearing Rajasekhar, Vijay is the one who made him get arrested but even after all that he was happy to meet his old friend's son. Vijay cursed himself for doubting him and their friendship.

For some minutes there was only silence between the four people sitting in that office room which was set inside Shekar's house. In that room full of files and books, Vijay and Rajashekar sat opposite to Shekar who was sitting in his revolving chair and Jay was sitting on the corner sofa kept on a side of the room.

To ease the atmosphere there Shekar stood up from his chair and made a cup of coffee from the coffee maker placed on a side of the room and signalled Jay to make three coffee for them.

When the atmosphere eased a little Shekar made himself ready to explain everything to them. To make his investigation complete more smoothly he needed the support of both Vijay and Rajasekhar.

"Look Vijay... now you have to listen to me correctly... everything is going as we planned... but the main thing here is we need a strong evidence against him on his illegal drug exporting..."

"That I already know sir... but I don't know how we will find any evidence against him..." Vijay looked at him in confusion hearing what he said. Both Jay and Rajashekar also had the same expression as him.

"See Mr Vijay, you don't have to worry about that... We police will take care of everything... but the thing you need to take care of is acting like you fell in his trap..."

Vijay look that him doubtfully hearing his words, "what do you mean by that sir..?" he questioned.

"What I mean is... you have to arrange the engagement with his daughter as early as possible... we need something to divert his attention... for that this engagement is the best thing from what I see..."

"Joseph has a daughter..? Rajashekhar asked in shock interrupting them.

Seeing his shocked face Shekar explained to him. "Yes, he has, her name is Sandra. Vijay's engagement was already fixed with her... it was the wish of his late father Vasudev... and why did you ask that... And how come you not know about his daughter..."

"He never had a daughter... his wife died at the same time when my wife was pregnant with my second daughter... Even if he got married after that, his child would be a school going kid now... But I don't know whether he had any relationship other than Jasmine, his late wife..." when Rajasekhar took a pause the other three in that room looked at each other in confusion.

"Are you sure about that?" Shekar questioned him to confirm that.

"I know him better than Vasudev... I'm the one who introduced him to Vasudev... but I didn't know that he was a snake who will bite back if he got a chance..." Rajashekar sighed heavily with the thought of what happened in their life.

Hearing that a smirk appeared on Shekar's face "If Sandra is not his daughter then things will be easy for us... Just proceed with the engagement Vijay... I know what to do next..." He added confidently.

_______________________________

Vijay was disturbed on his way back home after hearing everything from Shekhar. Reaching his home he walked straight to his room absentmindedly.

Loosening his tie after removing his coat he stood neat the window fixing his gaze on the green image visible from there.

"If not Joseph's daughter then who is she..?" he asked himself
Keeping his hands on the window frame.

Two soft hands encircled his waist disturbing him from his deep thoughts.

"Madhu..." he called softly without turning around, he don't need to see her face to identify her.

"Why didn't you call me when you came back..?" She pouted at him.

"Because you were studying in your room..." he said turning around and giving a light pack on her forehead.

"Vijay... I want ice cream..." She held his hand tightly.

"Okay... I will buy one tomorrow..."

"Not tomorrow I want it today... Please... Please..." She repeated like a kid. But it only made Vijay irritated as he was already under stress.

Taking a deep sigh easing himself he tried to make her understand, "I'm a little busy today... I will definitely buy a lot of ice creams for you tomorrow... But you should not come to my room like this... Did you forget about what we planned..." He explained like to a small kid.

"No... I will come here whenever I want to..." She said adamantly making him mad.

"Why are you being like this..? You are not a kid to be pampered all the time... Just..." Closing his eyes and controlling himself he left the room slamming the door shut.

Madhu was startled at his sudden outburst 'I shouldn't have disturbed him when I know very well about how stressed he is' she thought sadly.

Even though she knew about his situation a small tear appeared on the corner of her eyes displaying her wounded heart.....................................