Chapter 17

It's been one week since you've seen or talked to Iwaizumi. He never showed up to your work place to apologise, he never called either, leaving you by yourself, in your empty house. Though you did miss the peace and tranquility you had, the only difference is King wasn't here with you. That's why you were currently out with Hina. After her date with Akaashi, you both decided to meet up again to do more shopping since it went so well.

"You really know what clothes suit people", she compliments. "Honestly! Why don't you go down the fashion route?", she suggests, making you giggle. "I'm not into that kind of life, I like the coffee shop and I don't think anything could change that". She pouts but squeels when she comes across a black off shoulder body con dress. "This is what I need!", she gleams but your eyebrow cocks up. "Are you guys going clubbing?", you ask, a bit confused on this next date.

"What? No, wait, I didn't tell you. There's a party my friend is throwing and still need to get something for it, it's in a day", she explains. "Actually, do you want to come with me?", she asks and your heart drops. Go to another party? No thanks. "I'll check my work sheet to see if I'm free", you say, trying to not be rude. "I hope you can go, it'll change you completely!", she jokes. You laugh her words off, thinking about the past. It already changed you, that's what you were worried about.

You were finally home from your outing when your phone rang from your bed. The caller was Hanamaki. You were close to decline his call until you paused to think about this choice. You can't keep ignoring him forever, and truthfully you didn't want to break up with Iwaizumi until you heard both sides of the story to make a final verdict. You believe you're a fair person and it would be biased to judge by your own interpretation. You answer the phone and put it on speaker at your desk.

There was silence until rustling was heard in the background.

"Yeah, they're still not picking up", Maki says but Matsun takes the phone off him.

"Wait no I think she picked up", he announces.

"Hello? Y/n, you there?"

You hummed in response but squinted at your screen when you saw the video call being requested, but sill answering it anyways.

"If it's better for you, we can come to yours and talk-"

"Just say what you need to say", you snapped quickly.

There was a pause. "You really need to talk to Iwaizumi. He hasn't come out of his house in days now, the guilt is killing him", Matsun says.

"Then why did he lie?"

"Y/n, Iwaizumi told the truth about a meet up with people from work. It was a Co workers birthday, so we went to different places for drinking until we ended up at a night club. The drinks that were ordered were ones he's never had before, so I'm not suprised he was drunk fast. Just talk to him Y/n", Maki finally says. You ended the call from frustration, feeling the tears we'll up in your eyes once again. Maybe you should at least check up on him before making a decision.

And you were off.

The grip on the steering wheel got tighter as you approached closer and closer to his house, contemplating if you should just turn around when you reached his driveway. You knocked on his door, waiting for and answer, but nothing. You tried the handle instead and was shocked to find it unlocked, more worried if anything. You closed the door and headed up to his room, knocking before entering. His body laid on the bed like he was becoming part of the duvet himself as his head was tucked in between two pillows. Was he really that upset? Just how much of an attachment does he have for you?

You sat on the bedside and gently shook his torso to wake him up. He grumbles and you couldn't help yourself trace his back muscles with the tip of your finger. He turns around to see you and his sleepy eyes turned into ones of shock. You watch him sit himself up on the bed properly and you place a plastic container on his laps. "You left your door unlocked", you tell him. "What's this?", he asks, tapping the sides of the bowl.