18: Chains

YUNA

"You have 10 seconds to answer your question. Yuna, grab the white paper on the floor, read it and keep it to yourself." The phone said. I picked up the paper. 8-3-6-5. That's the code. I putted the paper in my pocket. 2 Big men came in. They pushed me against the wall and chained me. Then they walked away. "I'd rather die hot than grow up and live ugly, so I don't really care if this is risky or not." I said, but I wasn't serious. But it wasn't a joke either. "Shut the fuck up." Chishiya said. "Kuina, what has 4 fingers and a thumb, but isn't alive?" The phone asked. "A glove?" Kuina answered. I felt the chains loosen. "That was correct, the chains loosened up." I said. "Sakura, if a man has a bee in his hand, what's in his eye?" Sakura widened her eyes and kept quiet. "Sakura, fucking answer it!" I yelled. "I don't know the answer!" She yelled back. The 10 seconds passed by and we heard a buzzer. The chains tightened and I struggled to breathe. "Okay maybe I do care." I said, gasping for air. "Chishiya, you measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I am quick when I am small and slow when I'm big. What am I?" "A candle." Chishiya answered. I felt the chains loosen. I relaxed myself and breathed. "Oh my god, I hate this game." I said out of breath. "Kuina, what has an eye, but can't see?" Kuina squinted her eyes. "A needle!" Sakura yelled. But then she covered her mouth. This question wasn't meant for her. We were afraid of what was gonna happen. But nothing happened. I just felt the chains loosen. "Answer a question if you know the answer! It doesn't matter if they say your name or not!" I said. The game kept going on like this. "Chishiya, last question, turn me on my side and I am everything. Cut me in half and I am nothing. What am I?" "These aren't even questions, these are riddles!" Sakura yelled. "8, you're the number 8!" Chishiya yelled. The chains fell of my neck. "8-3-6-5." I said out of breath. Kuina walked over to the door and saw a lock on it. It was a number lock. She set in the numbers I just said and the door opened. "Game cleared. Congratulations!" The phone said. I walked to the closest mirror nearby and threw my head back. I looked at the red marks that were left on it. "Jesus Christ." I said as I coughed. "Are you okay?" Kuina asked. I nodded. "I'll get you some water." Sakura said as she ran away. I sat myself down on the ground and threw my head back. "You'd rather die hot than live ugly?" Kuina asked with a laugh. "I was kidding, obviously." I said. We laughed about it. Then Sakura ran back with a glass of water. I took it from her and chugged it. "Thanks." I said under my breath. "These games are getting more and more weird." Sakura said as she sat herself down next to me. "Atleast we survived." Chishiya said. "We? I was the one who nearly died in there!" I said with a laugh. "I am curious, what would've happened if we didn't free you in the time limit?" Kuina asked. "You all would've died." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see Kuzuryu standing behind us. "You guys played the chains game, am I right?" He asked. We nodded. "If you guys didn't free the chosen person in time, you all would've died. You'd get lasered." He said. "Well I'm happy you guys were smart." I said, turning back to my friends. "Correct, it was a game of intelligence. Good job you guys." Kuzuryu said as he walked away again. "Okay, that was weird." Kuina said. "Okay I'm going to my room for a second, who's coming?" I asked. "I'm going to the yard I think." Sakura said. "I'll go with Sakura." Kuina said. "I'll go with you." Chishiya said. "Okay, we'll catch you guys later." Kuina said. We waved each other goodbye and walked in opposite directions. 

KUINA

"Now we wait." Sakura said. "Okay yeah we ship them, but isn't this a bit fast?" I asked. "I don't know, is it?" Sakura asked.

CHISHIYA

I followed Yuna to her room. "Why do you wanna go to your room, actually?" I asked her. "I'm gonna recover from what just happened." She said, still out of breath. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked her, trying to keep up with her pace. "Yeah I'm fine, my throat just really hurts. The chains were kind of tight." She said. I rested my hand on her shoulder as she stopped walking. "Can you walk slower?" I asked her with a chuckle. "Sure." She said as she smiled at me. I let go of her shoulder as we started walking again. As we arrived at her room, she sat down on her bed. I sat down right next to her. "Would you mind grabbing me some water?" She asked me. I stood up and walked to the meeting room. I grabbed her some water and went back to her room. I handed the glass to her and she chugged it once again. "Slow down." I said as I rubbed her back. "I've never knew somebody like you." She said as she rested her head on my shoulder. 

"You're kind to me. You care."