My First Foster Home

They took me to a two story house. I was greeted at the door by, I guess, my new foster dad, George, pronounced in a Mexican way. I held my bag of belongings in my left and shook his hand. He led me upstairs to where I would be sleeping. I was shown to a room that had another girl, I'd learn that she's 12 soon enough, and she was asleep. I sighed quietly and sat on the bed I was to sleep on as George and Emy, my social worker, went downstairs to talk.

I sat there for about an hour, completely still and silent. I was emotionless by now and kept sitting there. I looked at the girl. She looked girly. I say a photo of her in a football outfit and became confused. Was she as girly as she looked?

I decided to finally lay down and sleep. As I shut my eyes, another tear fell.

I woke in the morning around 6:00. Oh great. School. I saw the girl in black basketball shorts and a grey t-shirt. She doesn't dress girly... Her hair was pretty. It was mostly like a reddish orange with orangish highlights and some areas were darker by a
shade. I muttered a hello and she said hi back. I got up and sighed. I guess I was ready for school already as I was already in the dress standard. A white collared polo and black jeans. I put on my white hoodie which was a bit big on me. George came in and told me that it was time to go. I nod and we got in the white car they had. I sobbed quietly as we went to school. Who should I tell? Who will I tell?