The Beginning

I was standing there in front of two cops, my cousins behind me. I was crying and so was my cousins, but hearing my cousins cry made my crying worse. "Time to go," one of the cops said. At this I cried more and so did my cousins.

I turn to look at one of my cousins. Around her eyes, it's red and puffy.... She's crying the most... It hurts me inside. Just looking at her makes me cry more. I mutter out goodbyes and the cop escorts me to a cop car. He lets me sit in the front. But I've always wondered what the back looks like.... I can't tell through the crisscross bars separating the back from the front. He sighs as he gets in and tries to start a conversation with me, but it's not working because I'm crying. He asks what music I like and I say I like the radio station 104.1 and he turns it on. I mutter and thank you and sat there, crying.

Soon we reach the CPS, Child Protection Sevices, office and we go inside. I've stopped crying and began feeling emotionless. They had me sit in a room with a tv in one corner and kiddie toys on the other side along a wall. There were chairs and a sofa to sit on. I sat in a chair and began sobbing. A lady asks if I'm fine and if I want anything to eat and I respond with "I'm fine... Can I have mac and cheese...?" I was still sobbing as she brought it. I ate it slowly and soon fell asleep.

I woke up around 1:00 am. A lady woke me saying she found a placement for me. I sighed and stood, grabbing my belongings. We walked to a Fresno County Social Services car and I sat all the way in the back. I was crying again, thinking and knowing I won't see my family ever again.

I was put in foster care on December 27, 2014.

I left not knowing I would run away, be around people who smoke marajuana, or cut myself....

I'm your everyday stereotypical foster kid.