Intrusive Thoughts...

CHAPTER 5

Today, the renovations will begin. I wanted to wake up early, even though I'm off for the rest of the week, to make sure I'm not in the way when the builders come at 8am. After I shower and brush my teeth, I get dressed. Comfy... nothing extravagant. My hair, which is in twists at the moment, go into a neat ponytail. I clear the bed of its linens before heading downstairs to pop them in the wash again. I try to help out by moving the living room furniture to the far side of the room before the guys get here. 

When they arrive, Brandon, the main contractor, and I meet in the kitchen to talk over more details regarding my plans for the house as his four workers walk ahead. I catch him looking at me several times, but choose to ignore it. I asked that they take the wall down in living room creating a clear view to the kitchen and connecting it to the media area. This area is going to be huge with plenty of space for entertaining, however, after talking with him, I decided to leave the wall standing in the library. 

They will be rearranging the cabinetry in the kitchen as well as replacing the countertops. A new range hood will be mounted over the island with the same range top to be installed underneath. The back wall of the kitchen will be replaced with a floor to ceiling sliding door that will lead out to the balcony which overlooks the pool. Along a portion of that wall, the large sink will be positioned, as I prefer to at least have a nice view if I must wash dishes. 

They will also replace the countertops in each bathroom to match the kitchen and revamp the master ensuite into my dream bathroom. I'm excited to have the exterior repainted. The paint will complement the color scheme of the inside of the house. The front door will be black with black shutters. The vinyl siding will be white with grey stones at the bottom.

He explains some minor details while flashing his smile, pointing here and there with his muscles on display. We finish our discussion as I start to make my way to the side door, getting out of their way being that the guys have already began their work. 

I think I may have failed to mention how fine Brandon is... Well, usually is. When we met the past few times to discuss my plans, we would flirt and chat with each other. We'd even exchanged numbers and have been texting some reckless stuff. Today, however, feels different. While he is still handsome, he doesn't leave me salivating after seeing him like before. 

"Well, have a good day, Miss Tia. By the way, you're looking beautiful as always." 

With a smile I say, "Thank you so much! Well, I've moved the furniture in the living room to give you guys more room to work. There is bottled water in the fridge if you all get thirsty. I'll be down in the pool house if you need me, or you can just text or call me." 

I guess he notices a change in my demeanor as his expression is one of obvious confusion.

 "Alriiight... you good?" He looks at me expecting some type of explanation. 

"I'm great. Thank you! See you later!" I smile brightly before disappearing through the door.

I make my way down to the basement which is on the ground level. The plan is to install the same sliding doors down here to give a perfect view of the pool. There is already a bar down here which is fully stocked as well as a massive wine cellar that is full of bottles. There is a theater down here as well as two extra bedrooms and a full bath. It's beautiful, but I'm going to replace the bar and bathroom countertop to match the others upstairs.

I walk out the back door and pass the pool that is almost completely done. The guys only have to clean a bit of debris and dust from the stones which match the stones on the house and the bottom of the pool, then refill it. Once I make my way to the gym, I continue to think just how crazy it is to see that it is already fully furnished with ellipticals, treadmills, weights, benches, stationary bikes, and a punching bag. Impulsively, I grab one of the yoga mats that's neatly rolled up inside one of the wooden cubbies. I smack the punching bag with it before placing it back.