Chapter. 21

Ayla

"It's so late, Noah. Why are you calling me?" I asked, holding the phone just enough for him to see my face.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He chuckled.

"Go on." I said, leaning back my head on the pillows.

"My dad is buying tickets to visit family in Italy for spring break and I wanted to ask if you wanted to come."

I sucked in a breath.

"If you're worried about money don't, it's all covered." He smiled.

"Wow I mean, I need to get work off but that shouldn't be a problem." I smiled.

"Good! Okay, I'll let him know, Goodnight." He smiled.

"Goodnight, Noah."

I pressed the red end button before placing my phone back down to reveal his face.

"God, he just throws my money around like I'm rich." Matteo groaned, pressing his chin to my stomach.

"You are."

"I'm well off."

"That's what rich people say."

Last night Matteo insisted he stay over just to make sure the Plan B hadn't failed and I woke up vomiting or with nosebleeds or some shit.

"Ha ha, very funny-" Suddenly I heard the front door slam shut.

Dad's home.

My eyes widened and that when I sat up abruptly, my hands shaking.

"You need to hide." I whispered.

"Ayla-"

"Please, get into my closet.. take Sundae." I looked at him with a pleading look. The desperation in my eyes.

"Yeah, okay."

He rushed into my closet and slid the door closed. I pulled the covers over me just before dad busted the door open.

I tried to analyze his appearance. The beer bottle in his right hand. Stained shirt.

His eyes ran up my face, rounding the bed while leaning down.

He ripped the covers off of me and drunk in my appearance.

His hand coming down to the hickey on my neck, his thumb pressing down onto the mark.

"Fucking whore." He slapped my face.

"Dad-"

"Whoring yourself out again? Just like your mother-"

I could feel the tears in my eyes.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that." I whispered.

"What are you gonna do about it?" He leaned down so our faces touched. I could feel his warm breath on my face.

"What the fuck! Are you gonna do about it!?" He screamed, the small droplets of his spit landing on my face.