Chapter. 12

Ayla

"Not exactly, he beat her to death." I could feel his fingertips making circles on my back.

"I'm so sorry, amore." He whispered.

"Sometimes I get mad.. she left me here with him. But I hate myself for thinking that because it wasn't her fault." I felt his lips press softly to my hair.

"It happened for a reason, she knew you could handle it."

I bit down on my lip.

"I need to leave but if I leave.. he'll have no where to go."

He stroked my hair.

"You pay the bills?"

"I pay rent, I buy the groceries, I clean the bathrooms I do every fucking thing in the house. Mum didn't have any family and dads family cut him off because of the drinking."

"It's just you two?" He asked.

"I hate myself for loving him, he's nothing but shit to me.. but he's my father."

"You shouldn't apologize for loving him." I rubbed my palm up his chest.

"He makes me feel so guilty. Like leaving wouldn't benefit me and that I need him, and that I'm betraying him I-"

"You're old enough, bellissima. You're an adult, go live your life, it won't feel good now but it will later."

I listend to his words.

"I almost have enough to leave, almost."

"Ayla?" He used my name.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me if we meet again you'll let me help you."

In that moment I was so glad we'd never see each other again.

"I promise." I looked him in the eyes.

"Goodnight, amore." He whispered, brushing a piece of hair form my face.

"Goodnight, Matteo." He whispered.

I pressed my cheek to his chest and licked my lips. feeling his hand around my waist.

And for once I felt so.. safe.

"Ayla?"

"Aylaaaaaaaaa?" He sung.

"Ayla!"

"Yeah?"

"You spaced out for a sec, you okay?"

I nodded.

"I was saying.. what are you wearing to the party? I want us to look like a hot power couple."

"Um.. that summer dress I-"