Gu Louyin couldn’t help saying, “Can’t you… do something that matches your face?”

Xiao Yuan: “What?”

Gu Louyin pursed his lips, “It’s fine.”

Steward Wang was stunned when he saw it and said in a trembling voice, “Could this be a legendary immortal technique?”

“Yeah,” Xiao Yuan said with a smile, “do you want me to make one for you too?” 

Steward Wang’s eyes lit up: “It’s more than I can ask for!”

Gu Louyin couldn’t help but say, “There are many kinds of techniques, this is just one of them.”

Xiao Yuan asked, “Master Gu, do you want it?”

Gu Louyin had the word “No” in capital letters on his face.

Xiao Yuan smiled and got down to business. As the governor of Luling said, one of the three bodies was burned to a scorched corpse, one had its face smashed and the third one was divided into eight pieces that were put together; it was also missing an eye. The only thing that could be pointed out about the corpses was that they were two women and one man.

Xiao Yuan said, “The three murders seem to be done by humans.”

Gu Louyin nodded: “Seeing their wounds, it seems so.”

“That’s weird. Ghosts and evil spirits are inhuman, so it’s understandable if they do some incredible things. It doesn’t make sense for humans to kill someone and make a special trip to the governor’s mansion to dump a corpse just to disgust people?”

Gu Louyin said, “In any case, the identity of the deceased should be confirmed first.”

Steward Wang smiled bitterly and said, “Master Immortals have also heard what our lordship said. No one is missing in the mansion or Luling City, and there is nothing we can do about it.”

Xiao Yuan walked a circle around the three corpses and found that the word “Shou” was engraved on the coffin of each corpse, so he asked Steward Wang: “Your lord’s surname is Shou?”

“Exactly.”

Gu Louyin thought of something, walked to another coffin not far away and said, “Is this person also from your mansion?”

Steward Wang was taken aback and hurriedly said, “Yes, yes.”

“Who is it?”

“It was a concubine that my lord accepted in his early years. She had been out of favour for many years and went crazy in the backyard. She suddenly hanged herself a while ago. No one from her family collected her body. My lord asked me to transport her body to the coffin home.”

Gu Louyin frowned slightly, “You said she killed herself?”

“Yes, hanged herself.”

Xiao Yuan said, “People who kill themselves are full of resentment and their corpses can easily transform. But I didn’t notice even a trace of resentment from her. Is my cultivation level too low?”

Gu Louyin: “No.”

Xiao Yuan asked, “When did she kill herself?” 

Steward Wang replied: “At the end of last month.”

Xiao Yuan remembered that three nameless corpses also appeared in the governor’s mansion one after another starting from the end of last month. Was there any connection between them?

Gu Louyin seemed to think the same thing and said, “Open the coffin.”

Steward Wang hesitated: “That, that won’t be good. Anyway, she is the concubine and could be considered as half a master, and they all say that the deceased…”