39: Midorima's pov

a/n: The next couple of chapters are going to be different pov's of the same scenario/ situation, so the chapters may be considerably smaller than usual😔🫶😌. Also this chapter will be in midorimas pov if you couldn't already tell from the title 😭👍

⚠️ALSO TW AND JUST A WARNING IN GENERAL: THIS CHAPTER HAS SOME VIOLENT SCENES BUT NOTHING GRUESOME OR OVER THE TOP, READ WITH CAUTION IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO VIOLENT DESCRIPTIONS ⚠️

"Y/NNN"

"IM COMING-"

But the gap between us wasn't closing. Why? WHY?

"no you're not" a masked guy laughed. He wasn't anywhere near my height but somehow still made me collapse to the floor with his gun.

My glasses shatter with the impact. Glass. Everywhere. Afraid to open my eyes, i keep them shut but that was a mistake. I feel a blow to my back, causing me to crawl to my side only to be kicked in my stomach this time. It wasn't the same guy.

"ONI-SAMAA" it was Himemi. Why is she here? She can't see this.

" GET HER OUT OF HERE TAKAOOO!" i manage to yell before a foot presses hard on my face.

She was crying. I could hear her sobbing. I was starting to accept my fate. Tears escaping my eyes now, blood on my skin. I hear a thud.

It wasn't a thud on me though.

I crack my eyes open to see Aomine ripping one of the masked guys off of me and throwing his fists at him.

I close my eyes and tense my body for impact from the remaining two masked guys but find myself waiting.

Reopening my eyes i see Kagami, Murasakibara and Kise dragging the other two away from me.

Momoi rushes to my side, phone in hand, along with Kuroko who tries to sit me upright but pain courses through my entire body. I felt paralysed.

My ears were ringing and my eyes were blurred. I could make out faint sounds from Momoi, who i guessed was calling the police and ambulance.

y/n.

Y/N.

"Y/N" i scream.

My arms felt free and light as i tried to push myself up, breaking from Kuroko and Momoi.

i have to get y/n, even if it kills me.

But i dont move. My arms fall beneath me and my body crashes back down to the floor.

Everything seemed to be in slowmotion for me.

Sounds seemed distorted, motion seemed slow, only my thoughts seemed to race.

My head was throbbing and my eyes were stinging. I felt them starting to close.

I can't let them close.

Kise, Aomine, Kagami and Murasakibara seem to be coming over to me now. Where did the masked people go?

"y/n..."

Silence.

Then darkness.