chapter 21

Five weeks later

'Please,' the girl begs. 'Don't do this! Please! I want to live! Please!'

Tears are pouring from her eyes; she is full on ugly sobbing. I don't know who this is and I don't care either.

I shoot. One, two, three times.

The begging stops and I put my gun back in the holster, walking up to the chair the girl was strapped in, inspecting her body.

Three bullets shot, three bullets perfectly in the heart.

'Is your target practice going well, Y/N?'

I turn around and nod my head respectfully. 'Yes, sir Dreykov.'

He walks towards me and leans forward to inspect the body. I take a step backwards out of respect.

'You have talent for this, Y/N.'

'Thank you, sir Dreykov.'

'We were thinking about running some tests on you in a few days, to find out how it has affected you.'

'Yes, sir Dreykov.'

He chuckles lightly. 'Walk with me. We are going to check out some parts of the base you have not seen before.'

'Yes, sir Dreykov.'

The young girls are fighting against each other. They can't be more than seven years old. I tilt my head, observing what they are doing, but the fight doesn't last long. Within seconds one of the girls has worked the other to the ground and has their neck in their hands. They look to the woman standing besides them, madame B. She looks at them with disapproval, before she nods.

Four seconds go by before the girl that won snaps the others neck. Madame B ignores her completely and walks up to us, but not before gesturing to the girl that won to stay where she is. The girl looks sad: she is still holding the dead body of the other girl. I see Dreykov looking at me, trying to find any emotion on my face. Madame B reaches us.

'Sir Dreykov,' she first acknowledges. 'Y/N.'

'Hello, madame B,' I greet her.

'We were thinking about starting the next stage of the plan with Y/N,' Dreykov says. 'We thought it would be quite interesting to see how she develops.'

'So the plan is working?'

'Yes. Natalia is still trying to find us, but the tracker is destroyed. It will be a pleasure to see what she will do when she finds out what we have done to her dear Y/N.'

I tilt my head slowly. Dreykov and madame B both turn to look at me.

'Are you ready for the next stage of the plan?'

'Yes, sir Dreykov.'

My eyes are wide open and I am breathing heavily as they roll me across the halls. I am laying on some sort of bed and it's moving. The only thing I can think about is Natasha, I need to alert Natasha, I need her to come get me. I need-.

I open my eyes. Dreykov is standing above me, a cunning smile on his face. 'Good morning, Y/N. You are awake.'

'Sir Dreykov,' I greet him. 'Has this stage of the plan been successful?'

'Yes, we think it has been. We don't know for sure yet, but we will find out soon.'

'That is great.'

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed I am laying on. For a second I think about the past, about how I was sitting on the edge of the roof with a girl, but before I can remember more my head starts hurting.