chapter 22

Natalia is the first one to wake up. She groans softly, alerting me. Her hair is messy and she tries stretching, only to find out she can't. 

That is when she sees me. Her eyes widen slightly, however she controls her reaction now much better than the last time I saw her.

'Y/N,' she mumbles.

'Hello, Natalia.'

She looks around, searching, I am assuming for her sister.

'Where is Yelena?'

'Yelena's not here right now. I, however, am.'

'Listen to me Y/N, I don't know what they did to you but I'd guess it is something like they did with Yelena. We don't have the antidote right now, but we'll fix something.'

I angle my head slightly. 'So that's it. They are mind controlling me.'

'Yes,' Natalia sighs, relieved. 'Thank god, now help me get out of these ropes.'

'I don't think so. I am sure you know me, but I have no idea who you are. I have been given the task to hurt you, so I will.'

'Why?'

'You may not believe me, but I like every part of it. I like hurting people, I like having that control over people. They gave me something, Natalia, and I don't know what it is but I feel the best I've ever felt. I am unburdened by all kinds of trivial feelings and I feel it coursing through my veins. I am strong enough to knock widows out who have been training their whole life. I don't care!'

'And yet, here you are,' she says, slowly eyeing me up and down.

'What do you mean?' I ask her, curiosity taking the best of me.

'You should be torturing me, killing me, whatever. And still you can't resist the urge to talk to me. Does that sound like not caring to you?'

I blink a few times, realising she is right, and finally shrugging. 'You're right. I should just get to the point already.'

I walk towards her. Just before I reach over to make the first cut, I see a wicked smile form on her face.

'Why are you-?'

With one tug she releases her hands. Another, and her legs are free. My eyes widen as I glance to the ropes, trying to figure out how she undid them, but before I can she efficiently swings my legs out from under me. I hit the ground with a grunt and before I can roll around she is sitting on me, holding my hands to the ground and restraining my legs from moving with hers.

She leans forward a little, her arrow necklace dangling above me. For a moment, I stop trying to fight her as I take in, fully, how damn hot she is. A slight smirk is playing on her lips and lights twinkle in her eyes. She leans forward, towards me. Her boobs almost touch mine when she leans down and whispers in my ear.
'You're hot,' she whispers, amusement painted all over her face.

I come to my senses and quickly move my head forward, headbutting her. She groans and her grip loosens, just for a single second, but that's enough.

I push her off of me and roll the other way, reaching for my gun.

The holster is empty.

Natalia is on her feet, pointing my own gun at me, the corners of her mouth turned up triumphantly.

She just defeated me in combat. I swallow, taking that in. I am supposed to be unbeatable, didn't I beat all of the other widows?

'Hands where I can see them, love,' she smirks.

I slowly move my hands up to my head, trying to think of my next move. I don't feel my knife anymore, which means she pickpocketed that too. I have no weapons, and she has all of mine. And even though this life might suck I am pretty sure I don't want to die just yet.