chapter 8

'I am totally not looking forward to it. She's going to tease me again, again and again.'

Ella's staring at me in disbelief.

'Are you saying you don't want to go to Avengers Tower to hang out with the hottest girl in the world? Dude, if I could go I would!'

'Well, you can't.'

She sighs and leans backwards. 'You really don't have to rub it in.'

'Yes, I have. If I suffer, you suffer.'

'Bitch.'

'Love you too.'

There is a different receptionist sitting at the desk, but she looks just as impeccable as the other one and looks at me just as judgemental. The other difference is that this one has red hair, pulled up in a perfect ponytail that would take me ages to make and even then it wouldn't be as perfect as hers.

'Hello. You must be Y/N Y/L/N.'

I chuckle nervously. 'Uh, yes, I am.'

'Perfect. You can take the elevator. I am assuming you know what floor to go?'

'Yes, I do. Thank you.'

She nods. 'No problem.'

I step into the huge elevator again, sighing, preparing myself mentally for another meeting with the Avengers.

The elevator's door opens and I am greeted by the Avengers all quickly looking to me. As soon as they see me they don't pay attention anymore and go back to what they were doing, thankfully.

'Y/N Y/L/N!'

Natasha's sister, Yelena, walks up to me with a huge smile on her face. 'You're here again!'

I nod and smile. 'Yeah!'

'I am sorry to disappoint you, but Natasha has just gone away on a mission.'

My face drops. Is she fucking serious?! What the hell am I going to do about my unfinished climax now?!

'But I can help you out.'
Oh what the hell, man.

'With Russian, of course.'
Oh, that makes more sense.

'We can order some pizza and I can go see what kind of stupid things my sister is teaching you.'

I smile again. Maybe this won't be so bad after all. Yelena seems nice and why not?

'Yeah, sounds good!'

'That's fucking boring.'

I chuckle. 'Yes, yes, it is.'

'Why are you even taking Russian, Y/N Y/L/N?'

'Oh, I always wanted to learn it, but never really got the chance until now. And what about you? I am assuming you grew up in Russia?'

Her facial expression drops and for a second I see the pain in her eyes, before she masks it again. 'Uh, yeah, I did.'

'Are you okay?' I ask.

'Yes, why wouldn't I be? Now, Y/N, are you in a relationship?'
Now it's my expression that drops, only am I less good at masking it.

She leans forward, obviously curious. 'No? You were?'

'Uh, yeah. I just broke up with him.'

'Why? Did he treat you badly?'

'Ah, well, he didn't treat me great, no.'

'Do you want me to kill him?'

'Won't be necessary.'