meeting the avengers

'Oh my god, are you going to have sex with her?!'
I almost spit out my water. 'What the hell, El! No! She's my teacher!'
'Is it that weird of an idea? If I got the option I would!'
I shake my head. 'There's seriously something wrong with you.'
'Come on, you've got to admit! She's hot!'
'Okay, yes, she's hot. As if she'd ever want me anyway.'
'Are you admitting to having a crush on her?!'
'No! She's just beautiful.'
Ella raises one eyebrow. 'Sure. If you want to keep lying to yourself. Anyway, what are you going to wear?'
'What I am going to wear?'
'You're going to meet the Avengers, girl. You better wear something nice.'
'I am not going to meet the Avengers, I am just going there for a tutoring session.'
'And there is Avengers Tower? Dude, you're definitely going to see the Avengers.'
'Oh my god, I am going to meet the Avengers.'
I immediately stand up from my chair. 'Oh my god! I need to shower!'
Ella claps in her hands. 'Yes, girl, you do!'
I give her a sideways glance. 'Are you saying I smell?'
'Uhh no. I just mean-'.
'Nah, leave it. How much time do I have?'
'About fourty five minutes.'
'What?!'
'Move your ass, girl! I'll pick some outfits for you. Go shower!'
'Okay, okay! Be right back!'
I quickly run to the bathroom and open the door.
'Ah, shit! Ella, Max is sleeping in the shower again!'
'I told you to keep the bathroom door closed!'
'I forgot!'
'Well, move Max!'
'That dog is like a hundred pounds!'
'No, it's not! I can carry him!'
'The last time you told me you almost broke your back!'
'Whatever,' she mumbles.

I open the apartment door and run outside, still busy putting on my cream coloured sweater. I wear a short skirt underneat, since Ella has stolen all my normal pants under the saying "you need to look good if you want her to want you." Which is total bullshit, of course. I think.
I quickly check the time on my watch and curse under my breath. She's going to kill me if I am late again. Luckily, it's only a six minute walk to Avengers Tower.
I start walking slower, trying to give my brain a rest. I am fucking going to meet the Avengers, or at least see where they life. People pay thousands of dollars for tours and then they can't even see most of the Tower. I mean, I am sure she won't give me a tour or something, but I'll probably see at least her workspace and that's something loads of people would kill for.
In all honesty, I am happy that I've chosen Russian. I was really debating about it, because I knew it was a difficult language and I was pretty busy already with my law study. But, in all honesty, miss Romanoff has saved me already from Jake, so I couldn't be anything other than thankful.

'Hey, missy! Want a newspaper?'
I smile at Joe, the ancient owner of a little shop outside of Ella's house. I've known him for ages: every time I went over to Ella's he was there, trying to sell me a newspaper.
'Don't have time today, Joe. Tomorrow!'
He smiles a toothless smile at me. 'I'll remind you!'
'I am sure you will.'
I start walking a little bit faster, noticing the time. Ah, well, it won't hurt to be a little late, wouldn't it?

I take a deep breath and look up. The Tower is enormous. To be honest, every time I walk here I am afraid one of the letters will fall down, right on me.
I run up the stairs to the big, glass doors. They open immediately for me, to the reception. It's a pretty small room, with a black door leading to, what I guess, the rest of the Tower. Behind a desk is a receptionist sitting. She looks up and smiles at me. She looks impeccable: her afro curls are styled perfectly and she is wearing a stylish cream blouse that looks like it cost more than my whole closet.
'Can I help you?'
'Uhh, I have a meeting with Natasha Romanoff. My name is Y/N.'
She nods slowly, eyeing me up and down. 'Very well. Behind that door you can take the elevator to the nineteenth floor. That's the Avengers living room, and from there on miss Romanoff will take you to your meeting room.'
I shuffle nervously from one foot to another. 'Yes, thank you.'
Fucking hell, the Avengers living room?! What am I even supposed to do if there are people there.
I slowly walk to the black door and reach out my hand to push open the door, but before I get the chance to push they slide open already. I look back to the receptionist, who gives me a small smile.
I walk inside, to the elevator. The doors are space grey and before me they open, again. It's a huge, huge elevator: I am sure it could easily fit twenty people.
There's a huge mirror, in which I quickly check myself out.
The elevator doors close and suddenly I hear a manly voice.
'Scan for weapons starting in three, two, one.'
'Oh, what the fuck,' I mumble. Of course they'd have some super tech system that'll tell me if I may have weapons with me.
'Where do you want to go.'
'Nineteenth floor please,' I mumble.
'Thank you.'
The elevator starts moving. I close my eyes again. The fucking Avengers living room - that woman sure knows how to stress people out.
'Arriving in three, two, one...'
The elevator doors open to a living room full of people. Like, Avenger people.
I step outside and the chattering stops. Everyone is looking my way. Oh my fucking god. All the Avengers are looking my way. I see the witch, Wanda, Iron Man, Captain America, Kate Bishop, some blonde woman in the middle of talking to her, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Thor - a fucking god - and basically every other Avenger.
And they are all staring at me.
I bite my lip, trying to handle the absolute awkwardness.
'Uh, hello.'
'And who are you?'
Stark talking. Great.
'I am here for Miss Romanoff. I am one of her students.'
'Never heard of you. Now, tell me-.'
A woman coughs and walks forward. She has ginger hair, blue eyes and a kind smile on her face. 'Hi! Sorry for them. I am Pepper Potts.'
Ah, yes, Stark's wife.
'Hi,' I mumble.
'Natasha told me you were coming.'
'Why does she always tell you that kind of things?! It's my tower!' Stark says.
She shoots him a quick glance. 'Because you always forget everything. And are rude to everyone. Natasha is still getting ready, Y/N. She will be here in about ten minutes.'
'Oh, thank you.'
Fuck, I've got to spend ten minutes with these guys.
The blonde woman walks forward and smiles at me. 'I am Yelena! Natasha's cooler sister!'
I laugh. She immediately gives me a comfortable feeling.
'Come sit with me and Kate!'
'Uhh, yeah, sure.'
'So, you're Y/N Y/L/N.'
I frown. 'Yes. Did Miss Romanoff tell me about you?'
Yelena looks at Kate for a second.
'Nah, not really. She just told us you were coming over so that she could give you some tutoring. Do you already speak a bit of Russian?'
'No, actually! I just thought it was a pretty cool language to learn.'
'Да.'
We reach the table where Kate is also sitting. She smiles at me. 'Hi! I am Kate, Yelena's best friend.'
I smile at her. 'I am Y/N.'
'Yeah, I know.'
There's an awkward silence a few seconds before Yelena clears her throat. 'So, what do you think of my sister? Is she a good teacher? Please give me something to bully her with.'
I laugh. 'Really? My professor? I am never going to get a good grade on a test again.'
'Indeed, you won't.'
I turn around, to Miss Romanoff standing there, looking incredibly hot. She is wearing a white crop top, with black pants and a black jacket over it.
'Are you ready for the lesson, Y/N?'
'Yes, I am.'