viii

I felt fear ,an uncomfortable fear like I was in so much trouble. "You , what's your name?",Sarai asks while wiping her hand.
I couldn't find my voice and before I realized it I was shivering.

"Speak!",the lady that opened the door says she must be Tatiana.

"Eden, Eden Blake Ms.."

"You're the one that has been causing a lot of trouble,you got Astrid fired", Tatiana says calmly.

" You smell like Syrus!Tell me why you smell like him!",Sarai yells ,she must be impulsive but people like her are better than the calm Tatiana who's stare penetrated into my soul.

"You little b*tch!"Sarai lunged at me. I could see her claws aiming at my face but the door suddenly burst open and in a blink of an eye she was pinned at the wall by Syrus.

His power hand wrapped around her delicate neck it looked like he was going to snap her neck,but Tatiana managed to pull him from her , convincing him to let her go.
Jill pulled me from where I was kneeling and we got out of the room,my knees kept shaking all the way to the dorms.

"Eden why did you use the Alpha's things ,do you know she would have killed you!"
" What, you expected me to take a shower without soap?"

" Yes ! They won't let this go",she says pacing around the room.

" I don't give a f**k",I mumble to myself.

" You should,you should give f**k Eden!"I understand how she feels, I'm scared too ,but Syrus won't let anything happen to me ,he won't let his mistresses do anything to me ,like worrying about the woman he loves who's not me isn't enough. I have to worry about his mistresses.

We didn't leave the dorms for the rest of the day and news came that Jasmine had passed away from her injuries of course Syrus was upset but he couldn't send back the women his father had sent to him,so Sarai of course was punished not to leave her room.

Carol the Headservant called for us. In the kitchen, everyone was busy preparing dinner but they all had their ears turned to hear what was being said to us. There were some new faces of the servants that returned from serving the mistresses at the beach house.

"You broke the rules, taking a shower in the Alpha's room you have some guts Blake and you!",she says turning to Jill " you know the rules but let her break them from today onwards you won't have found for two days and Blake is banned from by the Alpha from stepping foot on the third floor understand?!".

" Banned, Syrus would..",but before I could finish she smacked me across the face, shutting me up .

"You dare to be insolent and mention his name so casually! You both are moved to work in laundry",she says and walks off.
Banned? He really doesn't want to see me but I'm his mate ,is he just going to ignore me for the rest of his life or what? I take off running,on my way to give him a piece of my mind.

"Eden stop!",Jill yells after me,I take the stairs two at a time and burst through the doors .

Collin, Vincent,Roman and Syrus all turn to look at me,my hair is messy and my cheek is still stinging from the slap I received, seeing him makes me sob even more.

"Please leave us for a moment", Syrus says to the rest.

" Didn't I say you're not allowed up here anymore Eden?",he says after they all leave.

" Why are you doing this? Will you ignore me and pretend I don't exist forever!"

" Don't raise your voice at me and what happened to your face ?"

" So you now care,why don't you want me, I'm your mate Syrus, don't you feel the same way I feel about or am I going crazy?",I sob.

He sighs and gets up from his chair " you need to get that out of your head,you and I are not mates ,so get it out of your head,the only woman I'll ever love ,will always love is Deborah, so can never be my mate you're here to work off your father's debt that's it, so get out of my office and I don't want this to happen again understand?",he says, his words calm but cut through me like a poisoned blade.

"You don't mean it",I whisper making him laugh

"What you think a pure blood like me can be with a nobody human like you, don't lie to yourself sweetie, there must have been a mistake, don't fill your head with nonsense, now get out! ",

I don't know why I felt this way but I was foolish from the beginning,this was not right from the start, I'm here pathetically begging my captor to love me ,I slowly turned and walked out,I don't know where ei got the strength from but it felt like a heavy stone was crushing my lungs.
I upset mindedly walked all the way to the infirmary.

"Eden ?",Mark said and I threw myself into his arms.

"Why doesn't he want me?"I sobbed, he sighed and just carried me inside.I don't know how long I stayed there crying in his embrace,he just reminded me so much of my brother.

After what I assume are long hours of crying I finally calmed down "he doesn't want to be with me,but I'm his mate ,his other half, right?"

" Yes ,you were made for him just like he was made for you Eden and there has never been a pure breed that has had a human as a mate ,a powerful wolf like him deserves someone just as powerful like Tatiana or Sarai who are daughters of Alpha's not a human Eden",he says smiling sadly.

" What am I supposed to do ,what am I supposed to do with how I'm feeling,all these feelings inside?",

" You don't love him , it's just mate bound , accept that he is rejecting you Eden ,he doesn't love you",he says ,like rubbing salt on a wound .

" Maybe your right, I'll just focus on working off the stupid debt and getting the hell out of here, even though it hurts, could it be that I'm not as beautiful as Jasmine,Saria or Tatiana?"
" You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen Eden",Mark says, kissing my forehead.
After giving me a sedative to help me calm down,he escorts me back to the dormitories. So I guess I just have to accept the fact that Syrus doesn't love me and loves someone else ,I know that Mark says it's just the mate bound but I know how I feel, I'll just continue taking all i can bare,I don't want to be free I just want him, thinking of seeing him someday will those women makes me wish to go blind because the pain is more than that which I felt when Tyrone left me,

I don't know if working in the place he lives in even though I won't be able to see him makes it any better. My mother left ,my brother too and my father never loved me ,now the person that is supposed to love me doesn't,I shouldn't have had hope in the first place anyway.

"Next time when you want to run away take me with you,The Alpha will regret not accepting you",Jill says after I narrate everything to her,I wrap my arms around her and we both fall asleep.