vii

The whole room becomes quiet, nobody speaks and they seem to be too shocked to speak.

"F**k!", Syrus cusses .

And Yedira begins laughing "wait until father hears this ,your mate is the daughter of the man that made the formula for the drug that is turning wolves rogue, that turned your love into one as well,now this is what I call entertainment",she says downing the her glass ,Syrus walks up from his sit and grabs the bottle from her and drinks everything to the last drop.

"What's going on, what do you mean I'm his mate,mate like soulmates?",I ask.

" Yes, something like that",Mark says,and I can't explain the joy I feel.I look towards Syrus looking for something,joy , reassurance, anything at all, but all he does is glare at me,I see anger and disappointment.

What do they mean about drugs , whose love has gone rogue that she spoke of. I have all these questions that need answers.

"You can't possibly be thinking of Deborah? You know that she has a mate ,she left you for him . what ? Now that she ripped him to pieces, you think you have a chance?Come on little brother",Yedira says , " the elders are running out of patience, father said if you don't know how to handle this case, hand it over to me",she continues.

" I have everything under control, even your underground network can't find Cain '',Syrus snaps.

Deborah, that's the woman he loves? Tears can't help but stream down my face "I don't know about you guys ,but as I've been singing all this time I'm not paying for sh*t my father owes ,plus I'm not interested in being mates with someone that's in love with someone else!", I say making Yedira laugh.

" I like her, she's like a feisty little squirrel,'' she says turning to Syrus," you know even if you manage to cure Deborah, she'll never be the same".

" We're not sure about that", Syrus says,he must really love this woman but what's with all the mistresses that he has ,what kind of sick love is this where he claims to be in love with her but is here sleeping with other women.

"You made a mistake in escaping, Collin take her to the dungeons she is not to be given any food or water for three days,so sh Evan learn her lesson,the rest of you can leave ,I have things to discuss with my sister",he says dismissing us all, dungeons with no food? Fine after all it won't be the first time I go with food,he can go to hell,I must have been high or something.

"Syrus, she's hurt..",Mark tries to plead with him but he is silenced by a growl.

Collin takes over the wheelchair from Mark and wheels me down the hallway and into.the elevator.

"Deborah, Syrus and I grew up together,he holds must importance to her because she was there for him.when his mother died,he has always loved her and she him but after coming of age and shifting they found out that they were not mates, Deborah was a weak wolf even after she shifted because  her mother was human,she is part of the 1% that are born wolves even when there mothers or father's are humans by the tend to be weaker, Syrus' would never allow it,it is rare for wolves to have fated humans as mates.

After sometime Deborah found her mate and she left. She was so happy,I've never seen her like that before,but then she was targeted by Cain and when she turned rogue she couldn't recognize her mate and tore him to pieces", Collin says.

" Why are you telling me all this , it's not like I care!",

" I just thought you should know",he says and we reach the entrance to the dungeons,as soon as we enter the pungent humid smell hits me, burning my throat almost making me throw up,we pass he heavily guarded cell ,I hear growls coming and the rustling of chains.