xi

I checked myself three,four times in the mirror to make sure my new maid's uniform looked okay,Jill who was still putting on hers, just rolled her eyes in annoyance.

After getting my ass kicked many things have changed,we have new rules,we even get to use the bathrooms at the same time as the wolves to much of their annoyance.
We get to eat breakfast really early before the sun even rises.

The day dawned crisp and clear as I  pushed the little breakfast cart into the elevator to take me to the Alpha's floor.I could hear my heart thumping over Jill's constant chatter about everyone's business.

She was delivering food to the rest of the rooms on the floor and me to the Alpha's room.

I softly knocked and entered when I heard him respond.

Syrus had just stepped out of the shower and was drying his hair with another towel and had another wrapped around his waist.I stopped and watched the water run down on his torso and down the v-line hidden in his towel.

My feet planted to the floor and stuck there as the scene from last time played over and over in my head.

"Take a picture, it will last longer",he says, snapping me back to reality.

" I don't pay you to be dazed and not do your job",he continues,

"You don't pay me",I snapped.

" I do ,but I'm practically paying myself because you have to pay back your father's debt",

" A debt you tricked him into",

Our conversation is interrupted by the door of the bathroom opening and a beautiful Tatiana steps out, looking like she just walked out of a magazine cover. My knees almost give out,I turn to Syrus who looks more than amazed,but for what? An explanation maybe? An explanation of what I already can see.

Tatiana smiles warmly ,she should have been an actress at this point, I really wanted to slap that smile off her face.
"Oh my,what happened to your face Eden",she asks.

Is this b*tch serious? Who doesn't know that Saria told people to beat me up and teach me a lesson.

"I got into a little raffle with some of the other servants",I say and give her a toothy smile,then I notice the room around me , clothes and lingerie all over the place,the sight stings painfully at my heart ,I have to hold back the tears that threaten to fall.

I walk to the coffee table and begin setting their breakfast,after I'm done I stand to the side and look at my feet, trying to control the whirlwind of emotions coursing through my body.

Syrus likes to eat by himself,so after grabbing her things Tatiana leaves not before planting a kiss on his lips.

I was so angry I could feel myself vibrating with anger,I know he made it clear he didn't want anything that has to do with being mates, Mark said pure bloods don't have human mates,it has not happened before,so me and Syrus being together is not possible but in the end I'm still his mate after all right?.

"She didn't sleep here"

"What?",I say .

"I don't like repeating myself,I said Tatiana didn't sleep here so you can stop frowning",he says and continues eating,what he says brings relief and I feel myself exhale and the knot in my chest disappear. But what was she doing naked and walking out of his bathroom,he can see the question I throw at him but he ignores it and just continues eating.

After a stretch of time I finally ask what has been bothering me all this time "my father, where did you take him?",

Syrus pauses and looks at me taking a deep breath " he is in the custody of the elders",he says and gets up from the table going into his walk in closet.

I followed him and asked the other question I had "why use a debt as an excuse to catch him?".

" You father is well aware about werewolves he was able to hide , masking his scent for so long,we looked everywhere but couldn't find him,we didn't have a picture nothing because he said Cain were very careful,it wasn't until we found a picture of your dad and mom in his wallet when he first visited my casino,so we kept loaning him money so that he could get his guard down and not disappear".

" So all this was some plan to keep spying on him until you found enough evidence he worked with Cain?".

" Yes ",he says walking past me with some clothes "now if you'll excuse me , I'd like to change into my clothes",he says.