xxiii

I made my way back to my room and closed the door just in time as Syrus entered.
"What are you up to?",he says and walks towards me.
"Nothing just thinking about you",I say and wrap my arms around him. Taking in his scent, Syrus carries me and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"I love your  hair" he says twirling one of my curls in his finger ,his body was warm and toned as he lay on top of me .he removed the tie from my hair ,which was a little annoying because I spent a look of time just to put it in a neat,but because he like sit this way then it is alright. "Wear your hair down from now on. Do you want a tour of the Estate?",he asks and kisses me.

" Yes! Of course",I excitedly say , I'll do anything to get a chance and leave this room.
After a steamy make out session I get ready and we head out. I get strange looks again but I don't care , getting a one on one tour with Syrus was the best thing in the world,I couldn't explain the happiness I felt as I held his arm.

"This is the place my parents grew up in,the estate belonged to my mother's family but when she and my father were moving away to new territory she didn't want to give her childhood he to someone else so sold it to my Aunt",he says as we walk around,this is the first time I've heard him mention his mother.
I could see he loved her very much as his eyes softened as he spoke.

We walked further and found a swing on a huge Willow tree and I immediately sat on it despite getting warned that the ropes holding it may be rotten.

"Syrus hurry up and push me",I say and he gives in and begins pushing me.
" We had a swing back at home,me and my brother Ty used to play on it everyday,but at some point our laughter started irritating dad and he cut it". I don't know why I said it but since he told me something about him I wanted to share something as irrelevant as it may seem.

"Do you miss your brother?",he asks.

"Yes I do,I miss my mom too,I wished for nothing but for us to go back to how we were", I say. Syrus gives me updates about my dad ,I know he is still alive but who knows what methods they are using to make home talk.
"But now I have you,you are my family now",I say and smile at him,but he keeps quiet and stops pushing me.

" We should go back",he says.I must have said something wrong that made him uncomfortable, I'm moving too fast,I  feel like apologizing but the words don't come out from my mouth. what if he pushes me away again?.

As I was thinking of how to apologize Syrus stopped in his tracks and pushed me behind him.

"What's...", I wanted to ask but stopped when I heard him growl.
A very bad odor hit me like the one from Deborah's cell,then five huge wolves emerged,they were like zombie wolves, something you'd only see in movies,their eyes were covered in a gray haze and they were missing pieces of flesh. Saliva dripped to the ground from their mouths as they growled at us.

"I want you to run back to the house and don't look back",he says.

" I'm not leaving you",I protested.

"I'll be right behind you",he says I hesitate a little and I break into a sprint, and the wolves lounge at us,the four attack Syrus and one chases after me.
As I run I wonder why Syrus didn't shift but he is different from the other wolves.
The wolf was hot on my heels,I ran as fast as my short legs could carry,I was running out of breath and I could feel the strain in my calves as they burned.

I tripped on a log and round on the ground before coming to a stop and hitting my head on a rock,my vision doubled as I moved up against a tree grabbing a stick to defend myself.

Blood dripped down my face from the cut ,the wolf got close to me ,the pungent smell of its rotting flesh assaulted my nostrils as it got closer to me .

I could feel my heart pounding against my rib cage as silent tears streamed down my face.

''Get away!",I screamed, waving the branch at it. The wolf stopped growling and started sniffling the air and then it did the most peculiar thing,it took a step back and sat on its hinge legs and just looked at me.

I tried to control my laborious breathing as my mind tried to wrap my head around the zombie wolf's behavior. I slowly got up and leaned against the tree holding the branch in front of me, but the wolf just sat there and looked at me like it was waiting for an order or something,I slowly backed away without turning my back to it but it didn't chase me, after reaching a considerable distance I bolted all the way to the house.