Chapter 56

" life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -Eleanor Roosevelt

                                   *************

Limassol district Cyprus...
A year later...
It's been a year already since her father's death it's indeed a devastating moment for her it took her some few months to actual accept the fact  that her father is no more in this world he just need her dua.the past week she went to kaduna and collect her NYSC certificate."everything happened so far in blur."her marriage life is going smoothly Alhamdulillah.hameed being the best husband every girl would be lucky to have."and her mother in-law she could say this that she's the sweetest and a nice woman she ever met.

"Gosh... how comes making chocolates is such a messy work?' she groaned as she looked at the mess of white and dark chocolate in front of her.
'Maybe if you weren't so chaotic there would be more chocolate in the chocolate moulds than in your face,' Captain laughed as he wipe some of the chocolate off on her face.

"Hmph, I'm gonna act like I didn't hear that!' She mumbled as she crossed her arms, which she regretted instantly because now She had chocolaty handprints on her arms.

"Yeah, sure,' he chuckled before he dripped some red food colouring into the melted white chocolate. He began mixing the chocolate until it was pink instead of white. she watched him pouring the chocolate into the chocolate moulds before he turned them around and let the superfluous chocolate drip into a rectangular bowl so they wouldn't waste it. Why did he make this look so easy? When she did it, it looked horrible!He put the moulds into the refrigerator, together with the ones she made.

Captain!how comes you know how to do all this?thats surprising you know she raised her brows."

"He arched his brows looking at her anything a woman can do a man can do better he said in a teasing manner.

Shut up that's not the actual proverb she lightly hit him.But it's surprising I don't even think you know how to boil water.

He chuckled husna what do you really think of me he exclaim looking at the clock glued to the kitchen wall.He'll be piloting to USA today.

His phone that's on the kitchen counter shrilled.
he picked it up seeing his TC was the one calling.
He immediately slide and picked up the call.

Sir I'll be right there now he concluded ending the call.Babe It's almost time he pressed his lips on her forehead.

"Erm captain you'd said that fareeda will be...

I don't know that's what mom told me that she will stay with us for sometime."she's also going to proceed with her masters here."

She pressed her lips together she don't know why she's not happy about this at all.

Alright!"but why can't she stay in some other apartment.

"He blinks his eyes on her.!"fareeda your friend what happen suddenly you don't like her?he waved at her.
Picking the napkin cleaning his hand."I thought you two are close friends he crouched his hands on his bosom.looking at her.

"I..I no we're friends I just thought that!anyways when will she be arriving.?"

"A laughter escape from his mouth he arched his brows looking at reaction she narrow her eyes watching him with a mouth agape.

Why're you laughing!"she slightly furrowed her brows"

Nothing I don't want to answer any query from TC today I should better get going he exists in the room laughing silently."

She followed him behind."and  settle on the bed watching him picking some of his important things."

Why're you silent babe."?he questioned
"I thought I become a joker to you she grit."you're just laughing like a laughing gas."

He pulled her into his embrace." Sorry! Asma I should get going now."

Save flight she murmurs."thank you he replied exiting from the room.

she lay on the bed gently picking up her phone trying to contact faiza just In one ring she picked up the call.

Please hussy tell me you're preggy she murmurs the moment the phone reached her ears.

Husna hiss my problem with is that you're brainless. Always brainless please mama should come and get you married."where's your boyfriend?"

Hussy brainless just because I said the truth."you've said something I swear.and my habibi is fine Alhamdulillah he came to my place yesterday where's your husband?"

"Husna chuckled he's piloting to USA today he's already out.little scout I want to ask you something please for once be serious and answered me.Do you know fareeda.?your brother cousin.?

Fareeda!"Yes what about her.?"something happen to her?

"No nothing!"I don't know but I think something is cooking between your brother and her I couldn't understand anything and he's not telling me also suddenly he'd told me that she's coming to stay with us here she's proceeding with her masters.

"What the heck."!and you agreed with that hussy.that cruel girl is Inlove with your husband if you don't know. faiza snort."tell him that she can't be staying here with you."and wollah he knows it."

"How can I actual say that when his mother command him faiza I knew something is fishy since the first day I met the girl.she narrated everything to faiza."and I think she's coming tomorrow ."

"Don't worry my hussy insha Allah.Allah is with you hussy .you just have to be extra careful with her."
and show her.her place."

Does that means he's in love with in the first place also.she thought pressing her lips hanging up the call."she took a deep breath FaceTiming her sister ."

Adda husna fatima face popped in the screen."
Ado nan beldum fati antan hado leso (You really enjoying fati only you in the bed."!)
Yes I always tossed from one place to edge of the bed without you disturbing my life."

A lornitan ko'a vi to mi wari Nigeria( You'll repeat your words the moment I come down to Nigeria)."thank god you also going to get married so you can't be tossing around the bed."

Mo yecci ma adda somi am je o accata am (Who told you that adda is want to get rid of me.)adda adda she called on her mother's name while husna shook her head at her sister childish behavior."

"Adda tell adda husna you are not tired of seeing my beautiful face you're not tired of me."

Her mother let out a laughter while her face popped into the screen Bu ko do ta wate am ha hala mon je tinma ta do. Asmau adon jam noi gorko ma (you girls will not drag me in your daily drama that never ends.Asma'u how're you doing and your husband?..)

He's fine Alhamdulillah how's everything going on there."I haven't seen Abdul?

Abdul is In yola! yesterday Muhammad visited us so he followed him."
Muhammad she whispered!"

Yes Muhammad your ex boyfriend fatima let out a laughter."innalillahi adda Handi mi dilla (I need to go )this girl can surely end my marriage!" she let out a laughter with show her white set of teeth before she hangs the call...

Enjoy reading reading 🥂
Don't forget to press the star and tap into the comments section."

Ummeetarh05