𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖: 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 (𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕟)

Start from the beginning

Maybe.

She stared at me like I was insane. "Because...just because I am part vampire, doesn't mean I belong to Kieran. I belong to my father, and because I'm a half-breed, I don't need to be linked to the master of the city."

Her deep blue eyes met mine and the electricity I felt through my nerves made my eyes narrow. My wolf growled deep in my subconscious, but it wasn't an angry noise like I thought it'd be. Usually when people looked in my eyes and kept them there like she was doing, he hated it. He was the alpha. No one looks into the alpha's eyes the way she does.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. She just kept staring at me and that eye contact made me glad the lower portion of my body was hidden by the counter.

"But you're one of them," I broke the silence with that winner. Of course she was one of them but she just explained why she didn't belong to the damn master.

She shook her head, her eyes still on mine. "No, I'm really not. They don't see me as a full vampire. They like me about as much as your kind likes me."

Take her.

I ignored my wolf. Because yes, that would totally be a good idea when I was already shoving my foot so far down my throat I couldn't breathe. Let's just try and fuck her, yeah?

I couldn't help but laugh at her statement. "I doubt that."

She motioned towards her front door, raising her eyebrows.

"I'll get someone to come fix it."

Take her. Now.

For the love of God, dude. We don't even know her that well.

Get to know her. She's strong. Perfect to be your Luna.

Now, that was a first. He'd never said anything about seeing a Luna in anyone else.

I sighed, remembering I was in the middle of a conversation and I didn't come bursting down her door to stick my dick in her. "But only if you help me."

She shook her head. "No, thank you. I can call the police and have them force you to fix my door, or pay for the repairs."

I pressed myself forward, closer to her, annoyed that my wolf wanted her so badly and the fact that I couldn't just act on the fact that I wanted her too. The fact that I also hadn't thought up any other options on how to find Jason added to that mixture of irritation.

"Do you enjoy doing things the hard way," I asked. "Or am I just special?"

"I prefer it hard." Once again, no hesitation. Just straight faced.

And something else became hard. Immediately.

What the fuck.

She took a step closer to the counter, closing a bit more of that distance between us. I could smell her. She had a nice floral scent with a hint of citrus. Though the mixture didn't sound all that appealing, on her, it worked so well that I wanted to freaking jump her.

"So," she motioned to her front door, sneering at me, "feel free to leave."

"Feel free to stop staring into my eyes like you're above me." I needed her to stop looking into my eyes, not because I felt like I was above her, but because prolonged eye contact with her was making it harder for me to control myself.

I wanted to bend her over and make her scream.

She pouted, and I wanted to bite her lip. "That superiority complex would be a lot more attractive if you didn't use force to prove yourself."

"I'm a wolf," I stated blandly. It kind of came with the territory.

"All I'm seeing," she leaned forward, continuing to close that distance, "is a spoiled little pup who can't take no for an answer."

Before I could think better of it - and probably a lot worse of an idea than breaking her door - I put myself in front of her and wrapped my hand around her throat. My pheromones that I normally could hold in, exploded from me at the contact.

"I'd watch your mouth, Nova." Before my wolf takes over my reasoning and just fucking takes you.

She narrowed her eyes, which blazed with anger. "I'm not sure what kind of women you deal with in your pack, but this isn't the way to get me to help you. I'm not a wolf. I don't need to bow down to you."

Normally, the disrespect would anger me. Especially in my overly exhausted state. But coming from her, I didn't mind the eye contact. I didn't mind the sassy attitude. I wanted her to fight me.

I loosened my grip on her throat. "I thought you liked it hard."

Her anger disappeared completely. The eyes that were once narrowed, now widened in surprise as her eyebrows rose. The full lips that were set in an angry line, now softened.

I suddenly registered our temperature differences and how cold she felt against my skin. I'd touched vampires before, and they were colder than her. Much colder. But she certainly wasn't at the normal human's ninety eight point six degrees Fahrenheit. I don't know why I expected her to be warmer, even as a half vampire.

"I can't start an outright war among my pack and their clan." She continued to just stare at me. "And I can't just walk in there and ask. At least with you, they'll know you're at least somewhat their kind. I'll owe you."

She looked like she was about to decline again, so I readied myself to leave to figure out another way. I needed to find Jason.

"Fine," she said, surprising me. "Get your hand off my throat, get my door fixed, and we'll talk."

I immediately dropped my hand, a smile tilting on my lips.

Make her ours.

I plan to. But not yet.

Not yet. But some day.