ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Alone time was hard to come by since Beverly decided to tell me I may or may not be killed by the people who killed her. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind them being around. At first I thought it would be more of a pain, but I actually liked Keiran, Lucian, and Kyler.

I closed my eyes, listening to the hum of my air conditioner. I wondered how Lucian and Kyler were after their rut, and wondered if they were going to come by. If not, maybe I'd be able to spend the night on my own.

Call me an idiot all you want, but I didn't feel there was a threat to my life anymore, if there even ever was. Beverly hated me from the beginning. I wouldn't put it past her to make up some bullshit to try and get me to keep my nose out of their business.

I'd been alone for hours, and the sun had finally set. So when the doorbell rang, I was expecting Kieran, Lucian, or Kyler.

Not Adler.

His deep sea green eyes met mine, then narrowed like I was the most disgusting person in the world. He pushed inside my house like I fucking invited him, then slammed the door behind him.

"You didn't tell me the guy was fucking drained." He really didn't know how to say hello.

I sighed and turned away from him, walking farther into the house. He remained at my heels, ever the angry necromancer, even when we entered my kitchen.

He had sleeves of tattoos on both arms, all dark and not something I paid much attention to. I'd only ever met him in person two times before this wonderful meeting, so I never got the chance to just look at them. It didn't look like he'd give me the chance here either.

He wore a white shirt, which he shouldn't have worn at all with how form fitting it was, and black pants that hugged his hips and thighs. He was cute, definitely. He probably would have been my type of it weren't for that shit personality he saved for me.

I blinked at him. "I didn't see the guy. Also, what the fuck are you doing here?"

"Tell me," he finally said, stepping towards me - probably to try and intimidate me, "how is this out of town?"

I pursed my lips. "Not sure I have any reason to explain myself to you."

He raised his eyebrows. "That raising could have killed me."

Which means he had already done it. Great. Ten points to me.

I motioned towards him. "And yet here you are. A pity, to be sure."

His shoulders tensed and he looked like he wanted to punch me. He stepped just a bit closer, and I held my ground, craning my neck to stare up at him in defiance.

What was it with males trying to out-macho me? It didn't take that much of an effort. I wasn't the tallest, nor was I the strongest person out there. Lucian had barged into my house, broke my door, and tried to make me submit to his request with that damn smolder he had. Adler kept stepping closer like I'd back down, as if he wouldn't cringe if I reached out and touched him.

Actually.

I let my fangs slide out and I smiled at him. "Get out."

"Or what," he asked, even though I could see the twitch in his eye the moment he saw the fangs. "Going to bite me?"

"You'd probably like it too much if I did that." I tilted my head. "I was thinking more along the lines of ripping out your jugular with my teeth for trespassing."

He grabbed my chin, and his fingers spasmed for a moment when the difference in body temperature registered. He tilted my head up even further and glared down into my eyes.