ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

When my eyes opened, it was to find that my body was submerged in warm water. Bubbles covered the surface, and the scent of eucalyptus and mint rose from the water to meet my nose. It was silent, besides the sound of the fan working overhead.

"Good." The voice made me jump. I turned and saw Lucian sitting near the tub, watching me. "I'm glad you're awake."

I didn't respond. I only looked back down at the bubble bath, my eyebrows furrowed.

"You passed out," he explained.

I stared at him, horrified. I passed out? I remembered closing my eyes, then...

Oh, my God.

I ran my hands over my face and once again contemplated whether drowning myself would work. He didn't fill up the tub all the way - probably to make sure I didn't slip and drown myself while I was passed out - so drowning once again didn't seem like the way to go.

My eyes fell to his hand, where there were still teeth marks from when he bit himself.

"Why hasn't that healed at all," I asked. It looked like the blood had just recently stopped flowing from it.

He looked down at it, then back up. "Because of the type of bite that it is."

I blinked, waiting for more. What type of bite was it, exactly?

"Kieran is running a towel through the dryer to warm it up for you," he said. "Kyler is making food. Once you're ready to get out, I'll tell Kieran to bring in the towel and we can get you dressed."

I nodded slowly.

"We'll need to put some ointment on you." He smiled. "We may have been a bit rough with you."

A bit? He said a bit like I hadn't passed out after they were done with me. None of them had ever been satisfied with one round, yet my body yeeted itself into oblivion the moment it was over. Which was probably for the best, because I was hurting.

"You should put ointment on that," I said, pointing to the bite mark. "Now let's rewind. What kind of bite is that?"

His lip quirked. "I did some research, and that research happened to cross my mind at that point. But we do plan to explain all of this when we eat."

I narrowed my eyes at him, and was about to say something when Kieran came in with a towel. He motioned for me to stand, and when I did, he gently wrapped it around my shoulders before helping me out of the tub.

I felt like I was being babied as Lucian stood and grabbed my clothes as Kieran dried me off. No words were spoken between the three of us while the two of them worked.

Kieran kissed my cheek and left me with Lucian, telling us that the food was almost finished.

Lucian dressed me, his eyes moving over me. He looked like he wanted to take me back to my bed and see if he could make me pass out again. A terrifying thought, no doubt.

When I was dressed, Lucian grabbed me by the hips and steered me out the door. My eyes fell back on the bite on his hand. He should have healed, at least a bit more than that. Why was it still so fresh? It looked like it hurt.

Kyler was setting the table with food when we came out, and his eyes lit up the moment he saw me. It made my chest tighten. He was so cute. I don't even remember when he started looking at me like that. When did everything change between us?

When did everything change between me and Kieran? And what about me and Lucian? Our relationships didn't start with me loving them the way I did, and they certainly didn't look at me the way they did in the beginning either. I couldn't recall when things started changing.

Kyler wrapped me in a hug. "I made lasagna. How are you feeling?"

And the lasagna looked freaking amazing.

"I'm alright," I scratched his back gently. When he curled slightly into it, I smiled. "A little tired."

It was almost two o'clock in the morning. In retrospect, I probably should have just gone to bed, but I hadn't eaten dinner since I was so worried about my mom. And who could pass up lasagna?

"You can go to bed after you eat." He pulled away and moved my chair back so that I could sit down. When I did, he slid me in.

Kieran, Lucian, and Kyler sat down as well and began eating. I didn't have to be an empath to feel the energy surrounding us. There was some nervousness, as well as some thrum of excitement. I didn't say anything. I just ate in silence, waiting for them to bring it up. Lucian had said they were going to explain when we ate.

God, the lasagna was good. Kyler could live with me forever if he would cook for me like this.

"So," Kieran piped up, "we need a bit of confirmation."

I eyed him, chewing slowly.

"I'm not meaning to put you on the spot here," he said, "but in terms of how you feel about us, where do we stand?"

"I think Kyler can make me food any time he wants and I would be perfectly fine with it." They didn't specify what that meant, so might as well commend Kyler on his cooking.

Kyler grinned.

Kieran nodded his agreement. "Yes, it's very good."

Lucian hummed around his fork.

"I told you," I said, setting my fork down, "I don't want you to expect me to choose. Say what you will about my morals, but I can't do that."

"We don't expect you to," Lucian said. "We don't want you to, especially if it will hurt you in the long run. I believe we've figured out our...jealousy problem. All three of us want to be with you."

Kyler and Kieran nodded.

I think a part of me knew that they wanted to be with me. My main problem was that I didn't want them to think I'd choose. Kieran especially made it clear since the beginning that he wanted me for himself. While that may have changed - which I'd need to figure out how that conversation went eventually - as of a few weeks ago, he still had that mindset.

I took a deep breath and looked down at my food. "No, I don't think you understand. I can't choose because I'm in love with the three of you. I can't...just get rid of two of you to favor one."

Damn my mother for putting the idea that I had to tell them in my head. I was planning on telling them all separately, but it just slipped.

They were silent for so long that I looked up.

Kyler had a grin so wide on his face that my heart would have skipped if I would have still had it in my chest. Lucian looked like I slapped him, but in a way that he enjoyed. And Kieran stared at me like he knew the entire time and was just waiting for me to admit it.

"Don't say anything." I raised my hand. "Please. Whether it's to laugh at me, or something else. Just don't."

I stood. "Thanks for the dinner, Kyler. I'm going to bed."

And then I ran out of there like my ass was on fire and they were gasoline. Their reactions weren't negative. If anything, they reacted a lot better than I thought they would when the words first came out. I feared they'd look at me like I was insane.

Either way, I couldn't stay and listen to their responses. If any of them said they loved me back, I would have felt as if they were saying it out of obligation, rather than truth. Especially around each other. Like if one said it, the next would feel they had to so that they were on equal footing.

I fell face-first onto my bed and closed my eyes.

That was, if any of them would even say it back.