ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖 ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

I blinked, confused. The entirety of Lucian's pack bowed their heads as one when they all were seated. There were no words spoken, much like how it had been at first with Kieran's clan, but there was something different about the silence in the pack.

Lucian watched me from the sidelines, just as he had been the first time I came. This time, though, Kyler was standing next to him. Neither of them gave me any idea of what to do, or what to say. They just waited.

"You don't have to bow your heads," I said.

They all raised their heads, but didn't look me in the eye.

I wasn't sure what they were expecting, or what I was supposed to do. At least last time someone said something to get the conversation going. As it was, I had no idea what I was supposed to say.

Kenna smiled slightly from where she sat. Whether that be to give me some encouragement, or whether she was laughing at me, I wasn't sure. I kind of doubted that she would laugh at me.

I blew out a breath, trying to think of what to say or do.

Then it dawned on me.

I sat down to get on their level and smiled. "Thank you."

It was their turn to blink in confusion. Was it because I got on their level, or because I was thanking them?

"You didn't have to show up to help me," I said. "None of you did. Even if it had been an order from Lucian, I appreciate you coming."

"It wasn't an order." Kenna relaxed back.

I nodded. "Then I'm even more grateful that you showed up to help. I'm not sure how I can repay you."

"We have an obligation as a pack to protect and guard our Luna," a female at the front said. "No repayment needed."

A few people nodded their agreement, while others remained silent and unmoving. I could tell by their faces that they wanted more from me, but I didn't know what yet.

"I'm not your Luna," I said.

"Might as well be," another female said.

I tilted my head. This was so different from the first time I met them. It was like they did a complete one eighty and suddenly they were fine with what I was. Maybe Lucian had been right when he said they weren't normally out of control like they had been when I first came to the pack house.

"Do you see me as your Luna," I asked. It was a genuine question, one that I needed to know the answer of. If they didn't, how was I supposed to take that title? There were plenty of women around Lucian's age that he could mate with within his pack. I was an outsider. Not even a wereanimal.

It was silent. It was almost as if they weren't sure how to answer. Either that, or they were afraid to.

"The moment Lucian admitted to us that he wanted to be with you was the moment you became our Luna."

My eyes raised to try and search out the voice, but no one made a move to single out who had spoken.

They may have been okay with me being with Lucian...but were they aware I'd also be mating with Kyler, as well as with a vampire? Would I have to stand up for Kieran's clan, just like I had with Lucian's pack?

"And how do you feel about me mating with Kyler as well," I asked carefully, like they hadn't already brought this up with their pack.

Did I think they'd skip over that little tidbit? No, probably not. But just in case, I figured it would be better for me to take it slow, rather than just jump on in and say oh yeah by the way I'm going to take two of the hottest werewolves in this pack from any of you who may be interested. Sucks to suck.

"If you wouldn't mate with Kyler," a familiar male's voice said, "I'd be sorely disappointed."

It took me a minute to place the voice. It felt like it had been forever since I'd met with them last, when in all actuality it had only been a few months. But he'd been the one who set me off and who made me decide I wasn't going to help their pack.

I stared at him, and after a few seconds, he bowed his head.

"What's your name?" I kept my eyes on him, and I could have sworn he shrunk into himself slightly.

"Steven," he answered.

"Okay, Steven," I said, "have you apologized?"

His head raised, a question in his eyes.

"For calling Kyler a dog in heat," I explained.

His eyes widened, like he either forgot all about it, or he didn't expect me to remember. Fun fact - I held grudges. I remembered the things that set me off, and I held onto them until they were taken care of.

His eyes snapped to Kyler, who only blinked slowly.

He looked back at me. "I...I don't...did I?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Did you?"

He looked to Kyler again for help, who continued to stand silently beside Lucian. He wouldn't help him. Neither would Lucian.

"I appreciate that you are fine with me mating with both your alpha and your sentinel." My voice brought everyone's attention to me. "I haven't figured out the ins and outs of pack law, and I do plan to learn, but I do know that ranking should be respected. I understand at the time the tensions were high and many people weren't thinking clearly. But that's absolutely no excuse for some of the things that were said."

Steven chewed on his lower lip nervously.

"I don't expect you to apologize in front of everyone," I said. "But I do expect you to apologize to him."

He nodded.

Alright, time to get one more thing out of the way.

"Also," I watched their faces as I said the next few words, "I'm bonding with a vampire as well."

None of them seem surprised.

"We know," Kenna said, smiling slyly. "I'm jealous as hell. Alpha?"

Lucian glanced at her, his face already portraying dread at the idea of what she may say.

"Are you going to get all macho alpha if I ask her to drink my blood from time to time?" She leaned forward, that smile from earlier growing. "You and Kyler can't hog all the hot vampire bites for yourselves."

A few members of the pack chuckled, even as Lucian looked absolutely done with the meeting. He looked to me for help, of which I gave him none. He didn't help me at the beginning, all he got was a raised eyebrow and a crooked smile.

"Sure, Kenna," Lucian said, narrowing his eyes at me. "If Nova wants your blood, she's more than welcome. I'd say that goes for any of you, but I know some of you need to get used to the idea of a half-vampire, half-necromancer Luna."

"If you don't audibly tell me you want me to," I said, "I won't ask you to either. It feels a bit rude, especially knowing some of you may just say yes due to me being your Luna, rather than an actual interest."

Kenna clapped and gave me a wink. "More for me."

In the beginning, I wondered why Lucian didn't do anything to stop her outbursts. Now, I wouldn't stop them either. Whether she was serious or not, her words seemed to lessen whatever tension that may have been left in the air.

I smiled at her, and she grinned. She knew exactly what she was doing, and honestly, I appreciated her all the more for it.