SIXTEEN

[SIDE B, TRACK 16]

NOW PLAYING..
WHEN WILL MY LIFE BEGIN
BY MANDY MOORE

WHEN WILL MY LIFE BEGIN BY MANDY MOORE

THREE DAYS LATER,

and it had been close to twenty four hours since renee had seen jake due to a mix of practices and renee picking up a double that day.

the redhead laid on her couch, curled up with some random tv show playing, honestly not having the energy to change it.

between work, going to the game the night before, and the emotional drain of the days before, she needed a recovery night.

it was awhile before she heard a knock on her door, and the girl slowly got up before opening it to see a smile she had come to love.

stood in front of her, jake had a bag filled with what she could only assume were goodies from the cvs down the street, and a slice of oreo cheesecake, "care to have a movie night?"

"yeah."renee grabbed onto his hand, with a slight smile on her face as she pulled him into the small apartment that he had come to love.

"you pick which movie."jake told her as he walked towards the kitchen, putting away the ice cream and fudge pops he had bought.

"any movie?"renee called out from the living room, and she saw jake nod, "any movie! whatever your favorite one is."

a wide grin spread across renee's face as she loaded up her favorite movie, one she had loved since she was 12.

when jake had gone back into the living room with a pack of oreos, and a bowl of popcorn, he saw a wide smile spread across renee's face.

"whatcha choose?"he asked as he sat next to the girl, and she finally hit the loading screen, revealing the words 'tangled' written across the screen.

"it's been my favorite movie since i was 12."she admitted, and jake grinned, "can i sing during this?"

"of course,"a confused look spread across his face, as he turned to the girl, "why wouldn't you be able to?"

"some people don't like it."she shrugged, before the movie started, and the two watched intently.

it was about ten minutes in when renee's favorite disney song started to play, and the redhead shot up, before starting to sing.

"7am the usual morning lineup! start on the chores, and sweep til the floors all clean.."renee started to sing and dance around as the song continued on, until she reached the second verse.

"i'll paint my walls some more, i'm sure there's room somewhere."renee pretended to paint her walls like rapunzel did, and she could see jake taking a video of her, "and then i'll brush, and brush, and brush my hair!"

"stuck in the same place i've always been!"

"and i'll keep wondering, and wondering, and wondering, and wondering,"renee spun around, with joy filling her, "when will my life begin!"

renee plopped on the couch, putting her head in jakes lap as the song finished out, and she broke out into a giggle fit.

"if i am ever in the worst mood, put on that song because it is guaranteed to put a smile on my face."she told him through giggles, causing him to laugh.

"that was the best performance of that song i've ever heard."jake told her, and she laughed, "but i can't sing!"

"but the dancing was great!"

the two broke out laughing, and jake grinned, knowing how hard the past few days have been for her.

his thoughts were quickly broken as renee stole an oreo from the pack, causing jakes mouth to gape open, "hey!"

"you get like twenty packs a night! hush!"renee yelled back, before breaking out into laughter again.

and she hoped it stayed like
that for a long time.

[A'S STARBUCKS CORNER]
had to scrap the og idea for this chap because i got such writers block i almost quit on this book and i love these two sm i couldn't do that💀

also think it didn't help that i had 3 weeks in a row of sb so i didn't have time to blink let alone write😭😭😭

anyway enjoy. twt got a sneak peak at this idea first