NINE

[SIDE B, TRACK 9]

NOW PLAYING..
FEELS LIKE BY GRACIE ABRAMS

"MAY YOU'RE GRANDE STRAWBERRY PINK DRINK IS READY!"

renee ran towards the register, seeing that the store was finally empty, signaling that the sunday morning breakfast rush was finally over.

letting out a sigh of relief, renee rested her head against the cash register before she heard the door open again.

she was mentally cursing whoever had it out for her today, not even letting her get a minute to rest.

"bad day?"

she lifted her head, being greeted with the same exact smile that brightened her night the day before.

"tiring."

"what time do you get off at?"jake asked, and renee looked at the time, before a surprised look spread across her face, "now actually."

"you'll be my final order of the day."she rested her chin on her knuckles, giving him a wide smile, "so, what can i getcha?"

"can i get two of that drink you made me the first time i came in?"he asked, and she chuckled before starting to put it in, "the im up-"

"before five am and need a kick in the butt to wake up."the two said in unison, before renee laughed, and nodded for jake to put in the payment.

"it'll be out in a minute."she told him, before going to make his drinks, and he stood by the counter.

"hey, what are you doing today?"jake asked, and renee glanced at him, before continuing to make his drink, "i'm thinking about running around boston and using up some of my mbta card, care to join?"

"yeah, actually."he chuckled, and she gave him an amused look before placing his drinks on the counter.

"give me like five minutes to punch out and then we can head on our journey for the day."renee grinned, before heading into the back to punch out, and leave for the day knowing she'd run into kris.

"hey, my shift is up and i'm leaving for the day. if you need anything, call me."she told kris, who gave her a look,

"you going home to sleep?"they asked, and renee shook her head as she punched out, before grabbing her bag.

"nope, going out to explore."renee gave them a big grin, before skipping out towards the front, seeing jake waiting with the coffee she had just made him.

"for you,"he handed her the full coffee, and she rose an eyebrow before taking a sip, "where we off to?"

"next door actually."renee nodded towards newbury comics, before putting a mask on, and jake did aswell, "thanks for the coffee by the way."

"no problem."he chuckled, before the two walked into newbury comics, and renee immediately grabbed onto jakes hand, before dragging him up the stairs.

a wide smile spread across renee's face as they walked into the vinyl room, and she turned to jake.

"this, is like my favorite store."renee grinned, before starting to look over the taylor swift section, "i come here at least once a month to their vinyl section to look."

the two looked around for awhile, before renee's arms were filled with vinyls, and she stopped in front of jake, with a laugh escaping her lips.

"pick out any album of vinyl from any of the sections. i don't care what it is, just pick out any one."she told him, and he quickly searched the sections, before pulling out mac millers 'watching movies with the sound off'

"good choice!"she exclaimed, before the two walked towards the check out, and she had placed the vinyls on the counter.

"john mayer.. and taylor swift?"jake questioned, seeing the cashier scan john mayers 'born and raised' along with taylor swifts 'red'.

"hey, a girl has her music choices."she defended, before crossing her arms and turning to look at jake, "have you even listened to either of those albums?"

"no but i know taylor swift has a song named dear john."he reminded the redhead, whos eyes told him everything he needed to know.

"thank you!"renee thanked the cashier before rushing jake down the stairs, and back towards the streets of boston.

"so, where to next enny?"jake asked as the two continued to walk down market street, and renee grinned.

"just you wait jd."

( A'S STARBUCKS CORNER )
forgot to tell you guys that it is cannon that renee is bisexual. you're welcome 😋