44: Genovese

(A/N) ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This chapter contains situations that may be triggering to some individuals involving guns.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

Mr. North and Parker had sat through my long explanation of everything. Starting with how me and Talia met to that awful night at the club to figuring out she was on Auroras side the whole time we were at that Cabin without so much as a word. Parker was leaned back, her arms crossing over her chest and her eyes narrowed on me as she clung to every word.

Once I had finished we sat in silence a moment, both of them clearly thinking over everything I had said before Mr. North finally broke the silence "Clearly this situation is rooted from a much bigger issue and honestly Parker I think it's time we tell her the truth about what your parents were involved in."

Parker looked up at him "You really think this is the best place to discuss it?"

"I don't think we have much of a choice." He shrugged

She let out a low irritated sigh before turning to me "Your, um, friend I guess, Talia, she was my parents best friends daughter. Our parents were as close as could be and they all were working for a division of the government that specialized in mafia and gang related activities. My parents got put on a case pertaining to the biggest mafia family ever known, the Genovese. They got moved out to New York and we'll, they uh did a lot of recon work, basically managing every under cover agent in the area that infiltrated the family. In the fall right before their death there was a breakthrough that led to the arrest of a number of main characters in the family including the big boss man himself, Eddy Genovese and his wife. A few weeks later the informants started showing up dead, one by one until there was only one left, Dean Harrington. My parents reached out to him countless times but he had seemingly just disappeared off the map without a trace." She paused and looked up at me "A month later my family was killed and Talias parents went missing the exact same day."

"Why didn't they take Talia?" I questioned

She let out a breathe "She wasn't home when it happened, she was out of state visiting her grandparents."

"That doesn't seem weird to you? I mean what are the chances that both you and her survive while everyone else in your families is either killed or missing?" I asked looking over to her "Parker, I think we're missing something."

"But what exactly?" She countered and shook her head

"Why Sam? Why is she involved so closely to all of this?" I replied causing her give me a focused look as though she were deep in thought about something

Mr. North interjected "I'm not sure if my thoughts matter but I'm with Harper, I've always thought it was kinda strange."

"I think that maybe Sam is more connected to all of this than we think." I pressed on

Parker gave me a strange look "And what makes you so confident in that?"

"I mean it's just weird that someone about our age would be so heavily involved and so high up as to give orders to everyone else at that cabin. I mean she's connected to Talia, me, you, I mean hell she's connected to everything and it just doesn't add up that she would care so much if she was just an outsider that got recruited in." I explained, still half thinking it over in my head

"What exactly are you saying?" Parker questioned

I shook my head slowly looking up at her "I don't know but I think we need to dig more into her life if we're gonna figure this all out."

"Agreed." Parker let out a sigh leaning back in the chair and crossed her arms over her chest "Also Harper there's something else we need to talk about."

"Which is?" I asked looking up at her

The corner of her lip tugged up slightly, a nervous expression on her face "So um, considering how close you were with Aurora before all of this I had to make a call while you were gone." She bit her lip and then let out a sigh "Um, so I know you probably didn't want them getting involved but to be honest it wasn't safe to just let them keep living like nothing was happening considering that Aurora knows where they all live."

"Who are you talking about?" I asked my heart racing

"Luna and your family."

I froze a second as I looked back at her "Where are they?"

"We're meeting them tonight at the more permanent safe house location." She replied

Without thinking I jumped up and pretty much fell in her lap as I hugged her tightly "Thank you."

She hugged me back weakly, until I pulled back and looked down at her. I leaned in and gave her a short sweet kiss that left my lips tingling.

"Get a room." Mr. North joked causing us both to turn and glare at him

He rolled his eyes as I retreated back to my seat "Alright, so you two said we don't really have a plan after this but now there's another safe house we're going to, so is there anything else planned out that I should know?"

"Not about the plan, but I do need to teach you how to shoot a gun." She replied causing my eyes to go wide

Mr. North let out a laugh "You look thrilled."

"I'm not." I grumbled

He shrugged "It's kinda a necessary skill at this point, besides it'll give me a chance to start digging into Sam's life."

No more than ten minutes later I was forced outside where Parker set up a can on a log before walking back over to me.

She held up the gun that possessed a silencer, "Alright so this is the safety," she clicked it over "and this is the trigger." She gently put her finger over the trigger, gun pointed up to the air 

She clicked the safety back on before handing it over to me. I nervously took it and held it as though it may explode at any second.

"Alright now I'm gonna help you aim." Parker stated going behind me and pressing her self against me, her arms shadowing mine as she adjusted my grip "You want to line it up like this."

I looked down and saw the sight lined up like in the movies and let out a deep breathe. Parker let go, her into dating touch leaving me wanting more like it was a drug or something.

"Alright now just take off the safety and pull the trigger." She stated

I clicked off the safety, lined up the sights and let out a shaky breathe as I pulled the trigger and was thrown back slightly from the recoil. 

Clink!

I looked up and saw that the can had fallen right off the log as Parker excitedly shouted "Good shot!"

***

(A/N) Please don't forget to like, comment, and follow! It really does help and I appreciate you all so much! ❤️