30: Pastel Pink

(A/N) This chapter is dedicated to sooze079 for constantly voting and commenting on this book! Thank you so much for all of the support and happy reading and writing!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

Parker had left after talking for awhile and I had slept better than any of the previous nights in this room. I was still extremely pissed at her for a multitude of reasons. After showering and getting dressed I heard the familiar click of the door I heard every morning when they'd bring me breakfast. As the door swung open I was pleasantly surprised to see Parker coming in.

"Good Morning, I came to ask if you'd want to go to breakfast with me?" She smiled, her hands tucked into her pockets

I gave her a dead pan look crossing my arms over my chest "You know the whole intern and boss power dynamic was kinda a turn on but this whole me being a prisoner and only getting to go and do what you say is okay is not doing it for me."

Her cheeks flushed red "I'm sorry I'm not trying to come off that way."

"You don't have to try, that's just how it is." I shrugged glaring back at her

She sighed looking down at the ground "Harper I'm sorry things are like this, it's just that, well, things are really complicated, and you know way too much to just be out on your own right now."

"Okay, well can you at least meet me half way and assign a guard to me when you aren't here that can make sure I stay in the building or something? I mean like I seriously am going crazy in this room and I need to at least walk a hall or something." I replied looking back at her

She paused a minute seemingly thinking over what I'd said "Alright I'll work something out."

"Great, so are we actually going to breakfast or having it delivered?" I questioned

"We can go get breakfast."

"Alright then I'm in, let's go."

She held her hand out signaling for me to go first so I obliged and walked out to a long white hallway with doors lined on either side.

I looked back at her as she closed the door behind us "You know this is eerie as shit right?"

"I suppose." She shrugged before walking past me to the left hall

I followed after her until we came to a metal door at the end that she stopped at and looked into a scanner on the right side. The lights were originally red but turned green before opening the door to let us through. The next room was made of metal and two guards were posted on either side of the elevator. Parker clicked the down button and we waited until getting in and taking it down to her office. Once out I could swear I could feel tears welling up in my eyes just from seeing something as familiar as the hall outside of her office.

Get your shit together Harper.

We waited for the next elevator before taking it down to the third floor and as we stepped out I felt my stomach drop. Both receptionists looked back at us, their eyes settling on me.

God why did my only clothing option have to be  a t-shirt and sweats?

I put my hands in my pockets and kept my head low as we walked by them without a word. I exhaled a breathe of relieve once we were in the parking garage.

"You okay?" Parker asked looking over at me, worry evident in her eyes

I shrugged and walked over to the passenger side of her car before climbing in. She got in the drivers side and then we both buckled up before she started the car.