4: Full Disclosure

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

I had already been on an hour long three way call with my mom and brother to tell them all of the details of my interview. They both had more questions than I could count and I was just about questioned out when I made it back to my dorm, but Luna and Aurora had other plans.

"This is so exciting!" Luna exclaimed smiling at me from across the table

Aurora nodded chiming in "I can't even imagine how cool it must've been to be inside the employee sections of West towers."

"What was it like?" Luna cut in

I laughed at their enthusiasm and shook my head "It was crazy, her office is like a modern palace or something."

"What do you mean?" Luna questioned before taking a bite of her burger

I shrugged "Well like two of the walls are just purely windows and the ceiling was twice the height of a normal room!"

"Sounds incredible." Aurora said looking over at me in awe

Luna nodded in agreement "So what questions did she ask you?"

"Oh, uh," I mumbled out "well she pointed to discovery park and basically asked questions leading to a question about how I would do the marketing for it and then flipped it and asked the question in reverse about West towers."

"Sounds complicated." Luna replied, her eyes going wide

Aurora's face scrunched up slightly in confusion "So like, she asked how you would do the job you're going to be doing but in the most confusing way possible?" She paused for a second seemingly thinking it over "I mean it's strange that the CEO is even conducting the intern interviews in the first place, don't you think?"

"No it wasn't like that and I don't see why it's so weird that she'd actually be interested in meeting the people that will be interning at her company." I instantly retorted in a rather sharp tone

Aurora's eyes went wide as she held up her hands in defense "It was just a question."

"Sorry that came out wrong." I replied looking down at my slice of pepperoni pizza I had yet to even take a bite of

I guess it was kind of strange now that I thought about it. I mean, doesn't she have more important things to do than interview potential interns?

~The Next Day~

Parking was much easier today as the same man as yesterday was working. Both of the receptionists, Allie and Brenna whose name I had learned today, had directed me to go straight up to Ms. West's office, so I obviously obliged. As I leaned back against the elevator wall I smiled to myself remembering how casual Ms. West had been in the elevator yesterday. Suddenly I remembered the last comment she had made before the doors of this very elevator shut and I felt my stomach sink back down to the third floor.

Ding!

I nervously stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall to the door where I paused trying to get a grip on my nerves.

"Come in!" Her angelic voice rang out before I even had the chance to knock

In a panic I opened the door and nearly tripped inside causing Ms. West to let out a low chuckle.

"Way to make an entrance Ms. Bardot." She grinned before waving for me to join her "Come take a seat."

I awkwardly closed the door before going over to her desk and taking a seat opposite her.