2̸9̸

"Where Nic Ma?" I walked into Momma Regina house

"Where Nic Ma?" I walked into Momma Regina house. I've been calling Onika all day but she not answering me. I miss her so much. We haven't really been seeing eye to eye since the breakup but that's normal.

"She's still gone..Where have you been?" She looked me up and down before hugging me. I know she's probably mad because I haven't been over here. I've been having fun, enjoying myself. The single life.

"Where she at? Where she go?"

"Atlanta...Her and Mairi been out there for three days now. You would know if you were around babe."

"I been...busy Momma. But why she didn't say nothing about going there? We haven't talked in about a week or so."

I wonder if Nic told her about everything. There's something telling me that she did. Nic tells her Mom everything. Their relationship is close like that.

"Busy with other people?"

"I mean....Not necessarily. But yea....We're not together anymore."

"I know that much. Y'all need get y'all's shit together. She out there going through it. Luckily Ms.Campbell is out there and they're spending time together."

I frowned at that. Spending time together? That lady young and could be trynna get my girl.

"Speaking of them, she's calling." She answered the phone and I moved to where I could see them, but they can't see me. It was Mairi with a lollipop in her mouth. Must've took Nics phone. "Where's your sister baby?"

"Her sleep with Cici."

Cici? Who in the fuck is Cici?

"Who's that? Oh." She flipped the camera. My face fell and I mugged so hard. "Wake her up Riri." I took the phone.

She started to shake Nic and she whined pushing her hand away. I could barely see but Ms.Campbell sat up. She started stroking Nics cheek to get her up.

"Wake up pumpkin. Your mother is on the phone."

Nicki looked over and grabbed the phone, groaning when she saw my face. Damn it's like that? I'm happy to see her face.

"Nini I go play now? I brushed my teeth and get dressed."

"Say ah....Now step back so I can see."

She looked up and down before sighing deeply. Her eyes look so tired.

"Yea go play Riri. But don't be over there all day. Make sure you come check in."

"Ok! Love you bye!"

"Good morning....You're about to go?" She was whispering but I heard it well.

"Yea I gotta go. I'll call you alright? Or you call me it doesn't matter."

"Ok...Bye."

It went silent and I heard moving around. She obviously doesn't want to talk to me because she's taking way too long to say anything to me.