Chapter 26 | Polaroid photo, car scratches, and some French nonsense

HI YOU ALL!!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING? ME, I'M DOING GOOD, THANK GOD

HI YOU ALL!!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING? ME, I'M DOING GOOD, THANK GOD. OMG WE ARE SO NEAR THE END OF THIS DAMN SCHOOL YEAR, I'M SO EXCITED.

I'm back, yes, finally. I need to say I finished writing this chapter while watching a lagging Tiktok live of the Eras Tour opening in Swift City. And I loved every second of it. Taylor finally acknowledged evermore??? sang a lot of my favourite songs of her?? it felt like a fever dream.

Anyway! Back to business. Thank you so much for the support that you've been giving me this late two months, it helped my mental health so much. I'm forever grateful. I read every message. I love every message. They are pure serotonin to me. You guys are serotonin. Thank you.

This chapter is very lighthearted, and honestly not that much happens. So I hope it makes you feel better in some way. Two/three chapters more of Elijah & Yasemin being so in love it's painful, then... boom.

I saw one of you guys saying they recreated the Style car scene of Yasemin & Elijah. I'm forever jealous.

a note for my French readers for when Elijah will say something: Je sais que les trad ne sont pas 100% fidèles, c'est fait exprès! Une traduction n'est jamais 100% fidèle, les deux langues ne se manipulent pas de la même façon.

Happy read!! (I fucking missed you guys)

By the time Elijah turned off the engine of his Mercedes in the parking lot, my voice was gone, I was smiling like a fool and my heart was falling in an unbroken fall in my chest.

We'd listened to some more of my favorite music for the rest of the drive — while I told him a few anecdotes about the two artists. I had rambled on and on unable to stop myself.

For a long time, I had silenced the hubbub inside of me — becoming so quiet that I had feared my mouth would be filled with nothing but debris and dust if I opened it again. I was an outdated, dusty jukebox, but even as the sounds all resembled each other, Elijah kept inserting one piece after another with a slight smile, murmuring, "Another story. I want to hear another one."

Oh, God, don't let me wake up from this daydream.

Elijah helped me put my costume back on and then we walked to the entrance in pleasant silence. We were immediately swept up in everything around us. Pumpkins lit up every corner of the park, and spooky decorations adorned the attractions. Macabre music filled the atmosphere, pierced regularly by visitors' laughter. Children were running around and couples holding hands, their faces covered by monster masks or smeared with fake blood.

I quickly became accustomed to the dull screams of people on the rides as we walked down an aisle. The smell of churros, hot dogs, and candy floss fumigated the air. I enjoyed every breath of it, even though my sheet covered my nose and diminished the experience.

It felt good to be here.

"Saejin! Alejandro!" I hailed them when we finally spotted them lining up for drinks.