Chapter 10 | French boy

"Are you sure that there is only friendship between you and Elijah?" Saejin said

"Yes. Why?"

"Holding your hand like that and what he said earlier to Julian... Sus."

I squirmed, uncomfortable. We had gotten up to set our place settings and she seemed ready to have the talk I had been dreading.

"Don't you think it's weird?" she continued.

"I don't know, Saejin. He offered to be my friend, and I agreed. He promised to make an effort and so did I. Now, as for his supposed hidden intentions towards me..."

"Yasemin, I think he wants to fuck you."

I almost choked.

"A boy never becomes nice overnight by chance. I've been thinking about it since this morning and his change of behavior is too suspicious. It reminds me of those movies and books where a guy's friends have given him the challenge to sleep with a girl. Then suddenly he becomes a sweetheart and the girl falls for his trick. Remember in After!"

From the outside, I totally understood why she would come to think that. How to make her understand that it was different between us without telling her the truth?

"You are a sensitive person, Yasemin. I can understand that you have decided to put the past behind you. Your breakup with Julian is weighing on you and getting rid of your hate towards Elijah must really free you. But I can't help worrying..."

"Don't. For now, I'm just letting things happen without thinking about them too much. You're right, it does feel good to be friends with Elijah. But I'm not fooled. If he wants something else, he's going to have to prove himself to me."

"What about you? Do you want something else?"

She gave me a stern look which made me laugh.

"We'll see," I replied, winking at her.

She observed me for a few moments and then sighed resignedly.

"I never thought this would happen. You were so hostile. You guys are always messing with each other..."

"We're basically strangers. Maybe if I try to get to know him, it will get better."

"Well, if it goes any further, I'll be watching you closely but it's still better than Julian. At least Elijah knows our first names."

Julian had already switched Samantha's and Saejin's names last year, and both had never forgotten nor forgiven, which was understandable.

"His buddies are pretty good, too. They're not at all dumb like Kilian."

I wasn't surprised. Someone like Elijah wouldn't be friends with idiots. No smart person could stand it for a long time.

"And, respectfully, Elijah is much hotter than your ex!"